Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Video Files

What do you mean "get it to run"? Just compile it, as I noted on the web page.

Or are you talking about the pre-built binary version (for Mac OS X)? If you've downloaded this, then run - from a Terminal window, in the same directory as the file

chmod +x dijfix
then you can run the application.

Talk about timely! I went flying yesterday and grabbed 12 minutes of pretty good video. When I got home the file showed as an .MP4 but couldn't be played by Quick Time of VLC.
Your program worked perfectly - converted it to h264 and now it plays just fine on VLC.

Thank you. I had a bad file that I was not worried about but tested anyway and it worked. Better than paying to get a recovery which I did do at one time!

Once I type;
cd Movies
chmod +x djifix
./djifix name-of-video-file-to-repair
What do I do next ??

Once I type;
cd Movies
chmod +x djifix
./djifix name-of-video-file-to-repair
What do I do next ??
The program should tell you (in the same Terminal window) what it's doing, and what (if anything) you need to do next.

I stopped having this problem using ad droid and switching to the Litchi app. It starts the video automatically and when I land and power down it automatically stop the video..... Bingo no more open or corrupted files. Just for info.

There are many known or unknown ways by which MP4 files may get corrupted. In such situation there is no need to worry about it become it can be repaired by using third party app. Few days before I also faced such issue with my mp4 file. So to fix such issue I used MP4 Repair Mac tool and solved this issue. I recommend you to make the use of this app to fix mp4 file related issues. To know more about it checks this page: MP4 Repair Software for Mac Mavericks | Repair MP4 File on Mac Mavericks

Gonna try these video file fix solutions when back home. I had a premature battery shutdown at 63 meters that I want to see. I know there will be no video after battery cut but want to see the shots I got from 300 M. Phantoms sure do make a lot of noise screaming down to a 600 G impact into a strawberry patch. (Probably only 400 G due to reaching terminal velocity from that altitude)
Only damage on outside was 1 broken prop and 1 broken prop guard. The battery popped out a quarter inch. No shell or leg cracks. Slightly bent gimbal. Oh but the inside, main board, GPS and all squashed to bits! DJI still has my warranty request open from 6 months ago to respond if I should send in for some sort of coverage from them.
With all the red strawberry juice the Phantom looked like it had bled to death.

Last edited:

Attachments

• StellarPhoenixVideoRepair (failed DJI00488.MP4).jpg
    StellarPhoenixVideoRepair (failed DJI00488.MP4).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 602
There are many known or unknown ways by which MP4 files may get corrupted. In such situation there is no need to worry about it become it can be repaired by using third party app. Few days before I also faced such issue with my mp4 file. So to fix such issue I used MP4 Repair Mac tool and solved this issue. I recommend you to make the use of this app to fix mp4 file related issues. To know more about it checks this page: MP4 Repair Software for Mac Mavericks | Repair MP4 File on Mac Mavericks
Didn't work for me.

What I've found on other boards, and by experience, is that if the recording stops because of a crash or battery failure the video file is not properly "closed". Without removing the sdcard, put in a good battery and reapply power to the bird (no need for remotes or phones/tablets). Wait a few seconds, and then turn off. Remove the sdcard and check it in a computer/tablet/phone...the latest file should be good to go now.
Reapplying power to the camera allows it to "close" the file.
I have even removed the sdcard, checked it on the computer, yes the last file was corrupt...I reinserted the card into the bird and powered it on...then powered on the remotes and my phone...checked the album in DJI app after everything was connected and the file was "restored"...
No guarantee, but it has worked for me a few times. I doubt that this procedure will work on a truly "corrupted" video file...

Good Luck.

I think I experienced that one file did close upon reapplication of power as you described.
However, I have a bunch of files I copied to my computer and erased from the card that are corrupted.
Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan