Removing Stock Camera

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to get the top off my Phantom for a full motor / ESC inspection, but having trouble just getting to that point. I have small enough screw drivers for all the screws, but cannot get the stock camera off. I'm having the most trouble with the two plastic snaps, adjacent to one other. They are the clear plastic male/female secure points for the camera on the camera mount. They work in conjunction with the soft white plastic pieces. How do I remove these clear plastic snap pieces without breaking them? The unit came with a set of 2 extra, but I feel like I shouldn't be breaking stuff?

Thanks!

Anti-drop kit.

Those don't come off... you have to cut them off and use the new set included on your parts bag when you reassemble.... also... don't take the camera off for no reason... you're asking for trouble... there is no need to take it off for the inspection you described in your post.

Will removing the top cover void the warranty.... I am very curious... I wanna look for a damaged wire...

Hello guys, I need remove my stock camera because i couldnt take more than 5 pictures in burst mode. So i have to adapter a newGimbal and chose a good and light camera. Any sugestions?

3 sets of grey cable from the bird to the gimbal. unclipped one, the other 2 just wiggle out.
Remove the 2 clear plastic Anti-drop pins. These usually need to be cut out. Others said they can be reused (I've removed mine and replaced with rubber bands).
Remove the 4 white dampeners.
Camera and gimbal is now free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl