remote won't link

@Hairydawgs15
Welcome to the Forum!

Is the status link light green on the Remote and Phantom?

If you can start the motors you are linked, or are you just not getting video and telemetry?

Is this a brand new Phantom?

Rod

Reactions: Hairydawgs15
@Hairydawgs15
Welcome to the Forum!

Is the status link light green on the Remote and Phantom?

If you can start the motors you are linked, or are you just not getting video and telemetry?

Is this a brand new Phantom?

Rod
Thanks for responding Rod, the lights on the controller and the link light on the Phantom are both red. The Phantom is a used one that I’m trying to get going for my Fire Dept. I’m not getting video or telemetry.

I replaced the gimbal with a known good one. Updated firmware and everything is good to go. I’m thinking ribbon cable is bad on the original gimbal.

I would say your remote is linked (one way) but no signal back from the phantom I guess this why there are both red.
I really thought the light on the phantom would be green and the remote would be red from your descriptions.

Rod

I would say your remote is linked (one way) but no signal back from the phantom I guess this why there are both red.
I really thought the light on the phantom would be green and the remote would be red from your descriptions.

Rod

That makes sense, also the Phantom wouldn’t connect to the DJI go app. Do you think a bad ribbon cable could be the culprit ?

Could be, your just not getting signal back to the remote and mobile device.

The Phantom connects to the remote, the app / mobile device connects to the remote.

The mobile device doesn't connect directly to Phantom.

Lost signal (but not really)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT