Remote quits working mid flight

Reaction score
It seems to lose contact around 100 feet away or so. Could it be the remote isn't fully charged even though it has 4 green lights ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It seems to lose contact around 100 feet away or so. Could it be the remote isn't fully charged even though it has 4 green lights ?

What is the orientation of your remote's antenna? You aren't having it pointing directly at the aircraft, are you? Also check the one on the aircraft. Is it still fixed to the leg pointing downwards?

I never fly beyond VLOS, so have never flown my P more than 1300ft away but I always have excellent control over it to that distance.

Never knew it had an antenna on the quad. Guess my remote antenna should be sideways?

they are strapped to the legs and have some nice white tape around them, if they arent there then someone has pushed them inside the quad hence the lack of distance.

they are strapped to the legs and have some nice white tape around them, if they arent there then someone has pushed them inside the quad hence the lack of distance.
I thought those are for the wi-fi unit as they connect to it inside the quad? and other is the compass?

I thought those are for the wi-fi unit as they connect to it inside the quad? and other is the compass?

No they are the TX aerials the wifi ones are inside the quad itself, small flat panels about 2.5cm. The compass is obvious as it ends in a block, so there should be 3 wires coming out of the quads body, the TX aerials are on diagonal opposite of each other and are usually a grey wire with a lump before the end of the cable

No they are the TX aerials the wifi ones are inside the quad itself, small flat panels about 2.5cm. The compass is obvious as it ends in a block, so there should be 3 wires coming out of the quads body, the TX aerials are on diagonal opposite of each other and are usually a grey wire with a lump before the end of the cable
would you happen to have a picture of these as they lead out from inside the quad to the legs? Or can you give me some help in finding a picture of same? Thanks

Never knew it had an antenna on the quad. Guess my remote antenna should be sideways?

The remote antenna tip should not be what points at the drone. It should be 45 degree angle or higher. If the remote turns off when disconnecting it could be you have a blown battery

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello