Remote controller won't turn off

Reaction score
New pilot, just beginning. How do I turn off the remote controller ? I've held the button down (for short and long periods) but that does nothing.

Tried that. Still on. And while I've got you, so to speak, how long should the self check take ? It's been over five minutes now and it's still flashing and beeping

The gap between the short press and long press needs to be quick.

The drone self tests takes about 30 seconds.

Maybe your transmitter is not bound to the drone.

What colour is the LED on the left of all the others on the transmitter ?

Still flashing ? Which ones are flashing ?

You should end up with 2 solid red (facing foward) and 2 flashing (yellow, if no GPS - Green, if GPS = ready to go)

I got the remote controller to turn off. Thank you.

Bit later So now the remote controller can see the camera picture but the aircraft is still beeping. It says it needs its compass orientating but I've stood 1.5 metres away, away from any interference and turned the around around 360 degrees but nothing happened

Bit later So now the remote controller can see the camera picture but the aircraft is still beeping. It says it needs its compass orientating but I've stood 1.5 metres away, away from any interference and turned the around around 360 degrees but nothing happened

Hi

And you did the compass dance with the nose facing down ? (not your nose btw. :) )

Hold on. If you want to listen to my advice, watch at least excellent videos provided by DJI. You seem to be in hurry to get your aircraft to the sky. You are taking a big risk to your investment.

I'm mostly the kind of guy that tries,tries and tries again - and then, if everything fails, reads the manual :) so I fully understand your eagerness to get flying, but I would still recommend that you took the time to read, at least the headlines, the manual before flying off

It could save you from doing a foolish crash :)

Don't worry. There'll be no taking off yet ! I AM watching tutorials and as far as I've got is turning the aircraft on. It's connected to the RC and I assumed it would do its 30 second self check but it continues to flash and beep. The app told me that the RC firmware needing upgrading so I did that and now it's telling me the Aircraft, Camera and Battery all need upgrading ! I have tried calibrating the compass from the App but that also does nothing. Help !

Are you doing all the above indoors or outdoors?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

and now it's telling me the Aircraft, Camera and Battery all need upgrading ! I have tried calibrating the compass from the App but that also does nothing. Help !

Have you upgraded the firmware on the A/C then?

I wanted to add -- I had this problem (couldn't figure out how to turn off remote controller) when I was first unboxing my brand new Phantom 4 and inadvertently turned on the remote. So hadn't seen any tutorial videos or anything. After trying the obvious (pressing the button again) and the semi-obvious (holding the button down) without success, I frantically looked through the printed quickstart cards (NO information how to turn it off!). Then I searched for online documentation - and in the materials I found it just said "press the button to turn it on and off" in other words no additional information.

So robinb's post at the top was the FIRST thing I found (and this was about my 3rd internet search - after the thing then started a new more frantic type of beeping after several minutes) that had the right answer!

I assume the tutorial videos must cover all this stuff (and/or maybe when you patch the firmware it turns off more intuitively) but GEEZ LOUEEZ! What a panic! They really ought to cover this somewhere that comes in the box! Thanks for having the thread, a lifesaver! Waiting for it to run out of batteries and stop beeping wouldn't have been a good intro, lol.

I would agree the manual isn't that intuitive when it comes to turning it on.

upload_2017-3-31_12-52-40.png
upload_2017-3-31_12-52-40.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl