Remote controller screw cracks - replacement case?

Reaction score
One can quickly conclude that the quality of the plastics used for the remote controller is very poor. After all the posts I've read, I realize that this is a very common problem with the remote controllers for P3.

Initially the RTH button came loose and fell partially into the housing. I did not push hard on the button at all. This took place only after a few days of use. Already then I should have sent it back to the retailer, but I was dependent on not getting any interruption in my work, so I dit not send it in.

After a while it got worse, and eventually one of the sticks also fell into the housing, and a rattling sound suggested that something had come loose.

When I opened the controller I was shocked. Almost all screw posts holding the motherboard, joysticks and buttons were completely cracked, and many of them had dissolved completely. The remote is now completely useless.

Now I might have the following choices:

1 Try to repair using glue or epoxy to rebuild screw posts. Has anyone done that? Is it possible,and how?

2. Send it to DJI for repair. But now it has gone so long that it is no longer covered by warranty. It will probably be expensive and take a long time.

3 Buying a new or used controller on eBay or Amazon. But it can be just as bad as the first, and it is unnecessary expensive to buy an entire remote, when I really only need the house.

4 Obtain a new house. Dji apparently refuse to sell only the shell without content. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain such a shell? Third-party provider?

Any tip or suggestion will be appreciated.

Ray

Try to repair using glue or epoxy to rebuild screw posts. Has anyone done that? Is it possible,and how?
Some people have successfully repaired their remote controllers like this. Whether or not this will work for you really depends on the extent of the damage. You'll need to open your remote controller and take a look inside to see what's broken.

Send it to DJI for repair. But now it has gone so long that it is no longer covered by warranty. It will probably be expensive and take a long time.
It's a known defect, so they might still cover it. Maybe try contacting them to see if they are willing to repair it under warranty. If you'd like to give that a shot, you can find DJI support's contact information here.

Obtain a new house. Dji apparently refuse to sell only the shell without content. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain such a shell?
DJI does not sell remote controller shells. You could buy a broken remote controller being sold for parts if you're able to find one with a good shell.

I had the same problem at christmas.
DJI replaced the controller under warranty.

New version felt much more solid.

I have the same issue. Phantom 3 Pro remote controller RTH button has sunk into controller. I have sent it to DJI and am hoping for a fix under warranty. Will update post when I hear back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT