Remote Control beeps

Reaction score
Hello fellow Phantom pilots,

After one of the recent firmware updates two or three back, I have noticed my remote control beeps 3 to 5 times while the light on it blinks red before converting to green when the beeping stops. It does this about three out of four times I use it, but not every time. I have not been able to determine what events make this occur and what events prevent this from occurring. I typically power up my Phantom before turning on the remote, but I'm unable to determine what causes this.

Is this a problem? Should I be concerned? If so, what should I do to correct it?

As always, thank you for your time and expertise.

DMAC

Thanks for the advice. I did a full charge, and the darn thing still beeps!!!
:-(

Ok. I had the beeping issue you describe after the last round of firmware updates. Worked fine but beeped when powered up. It resolved and hasn't returned following a full charge. It may have been a coincidence.

I've been believing you haft'a power up the RC and then the 'copter.
Agreed. Remote first is good practice, esp with non DJI AC that can behave unpredictably with bad results.

In my case the RC was beeping when powered on before I even touched the AC.

Remote will beep with RC battery undercharged. It takes long time to charge RC battery.

Remote will beep with RC battery undercharged. It takes long time to charge RC battery.
I had this happen to me once, my RC battery wasn't that low maybe down one bar and it beeped for maybe 1 min and then was fine once the AC went cleared GPS..strange , never happened to me before...but resolved on its own and never had an issue again next flight...

I had this happen to me once, my RC battery wasn't that low maybe down one bar and it beeped for maybe 1 min and then was fine once the AC went cleared GPS..strange , never happened to me before...but resolved on its own and never had an issue again next flight...
You are right, many things are not known to us as DJI never published such behaviors.

You are right, many things are not known to us as DJI never published such behaviors.
Other than that one little annoying beep..STill think it's the best firmware update..it's never flown this smooth ever since I owned the Phantom. Gimbhe is rock solid..

I recently had beeps when turning on the RC but they went away after calibrating the RC sticks. Might have been coincidental, though.

Reactions: Mako79
I recently had beeps when turning on the RC but they went away after calibrating the RC sticks. Might have been coincidental, though.
+1
Calibrate the sticks!!
The beeping is an obstruction warning. Its a sanity check on bootup, other wise the phantom will start moving without any stick inputs. If the sticks don't register 0,0 (centre) on both, it will beep and it will make it difficult to start the motors. One fix is to wiggle the sticks. The permanent solution is to just recalibrate in the go app.

+1
Calibrate the sticks!!
The beeping is an obstruction warning. Its a sanity check on bootup, other wise the phantom will start moving without any stick inputs. If the sticks don't register 0,0 (centre) on both, it will beep and it will make it difficult to start the motors. One fix is to wiggle the sticks. The permanent solution is to just recalibrate in the go app.
True. RC doesn't cry but starts beeping when sees an error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94