Regulated Airspace uk

Reaction score
Guys I'm confused .I live in the UK just inside a regulated Airspace area .acording to drone assist "this airspace is likely to contain high volumes of aircraft .We recommend you do not operate your drone here.if you do,please exercise extreme caution and abide by the CAA Drone code ,ensuring your drone remains within your line of sight at all times." The summary states "red zones are regulated high-risk areas and operation of your drone may be hazardous or phohibited. If I stick to the caa drone code can I fly ?

Whereabouts are you and which regulated airspace are we looking at? However, if the app recommends you don't fly there, surely you are better off moving 'just outside' the regulated airspace and flying somewhere else? Otherwise there isn't much point in having the app is there?

From a commercial/PfCO point of view, the Phantom is sub 7kg so ATC permission isn't required. You'd get the exemption from ANO Article 94. However, if you're within the ATZ (2.0 - 2.5nm from airport depending on runway length), then you really should tell the ATC you're there or just not bother.

Otherwise, keep to the 120m/400ft and VLOS, use common sense, and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks .I'm 10 miles from Birmingham airport and it says if I do fly use the drone code.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl