Red led lights controled by radio.....wattage, voltage, mw ?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody knows the volts and mw the red leds on the p3 arms put out,
I want to tap into the poss and ground ,red and black wires and add more leds on the body
of the p3. or wondering if I can add a relay switch to them so I can turn on and off all leds
from the radio, also if I put black tape over the green lights, i'll be able to fly in total darkness.
then slide the lights on and off at any time.
thanks guys, Kevin

Here's the setting in the DJI Go App for turning the red lights off.

F2fNAM0.jpg

Here's the setting in the DJI Go App for turning the red lights off.

F2fNAM0.jpg

Yes, I know how to turn on and off the leds from the app,... the problem is I need to
know the voltage and amps that the actual led are using,the leds I want to use are
12 volts and use 680mw (.68 amps) .
so I need to know that information, before I proceed any further with this project.
thanks ,kevin

Whats really important is what is the capacity of the driver circuits (transistor, etc) the LEDs have.

For economic reasons the circuits are typically designed for what is needed and there was no anticipation by DJI of the user adding additional loads and thus adding additional capacity.

Without knowing that you are just taking chances.

Not clear on your specs. but if it is .68 amps that's a lot of current and you will fry the drivers.

Last edited:
I would like to add more lights too. Just scared I will burn something up by attaching to red LEDs, please leave info.

Amps and Watts are not the same. Watts are Amps times the volts. ( W= A x V)
Therefore the amps can be determined by:
Amps=Watts/ Volts

So.. was it ever determined at what voltage the leds are driven? Maybe someone who opened their phantom today can do a quick measure?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl