Recording while folded up?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can record with the arms/props folded up? With the small size of the Mavic, I won't lose any sleep not getting a Karma if I know I can just use it kind of like a handheld camcorder :cool::). Haven't seen any videos that demonstrated this. Not sure if you have to get it prepped to fly first before it allows recording.

Yes you can, however if you accidently activate the blades they will spin (or at least try) as there is not switch that deactaviate the motors when folded

Yes you can, however if you accidently activate the blades they will spin (or at least try) as there is not switch that deactaviate the motors when folded
It might be safer to remove the blades then, if you'd like to use it as a camcorder.

Awesome! I can see it now...

dgWEmNG.gif5e2cd2c65adeb684cc27b1

Just need some one to create a handle that will attached to the Mavic and also hold the smart phone for a 1 piece video camera. Not quite as versitile as the Karma but good enough for me.

Start the crowd funding I am in...

Just need some one to create a handle that will attached to the Mavic and also hold the smart phone for a 1 piece video camera. Not quite as versitile as the Karma but good enough for me.

Start the crowd funding I am in...

While you are there, can you make me a helmet mount =).

If you pull out one of the front legs and face to camera towards, then you now have an expensive selfie stick.

Does anyone know if you can record with the arms/props folded up? With the small size of the Mavic, I won't lose any sleep not getting a Karma if I know I can just use it kind of like a handheld camcorder :cool::). Haven't seen any videos that demonstrated this. Not sure if you have to get it prepped to fly first before it allows recording.

You are aware that Mavic camera does not record sound, aren't you? Wouldn't be much of camcorder without it.

I saw one ad that said it did record sound among other features.

Care to provide a link? DJI has stopped including mike in it's drones for quite some time now. With all the blades spinning, the only sound you would here is constant loud buzzing.

Care to provide a link? DJI has stopped including mike in it's drones for quite some time now. With all the blades spinning, the only sound you would here is constant loud buzzing.
I don't think any DJI drones had mics. I don't have the link. I was just looking at stuff and found the ad. It was probably a mistake. A lot of ads have bad information. I use gopro on my Phantoms and I like having the ability to record sound.

Hmm.. yeah just use your phone. Must will shoot in 4K. Need a gimbal, grab the osmo mobile!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't think any DJI drones had mics. I don't have the link. I was just looking at stuff and found the ad. It was probably a mistake. A lot of ads have bad information. I use gopro on my Phantoms and I like having the ability to record sound.

Some of the old phantoms (like Phantom 2) had mike built in. That's why if you go to YouTube and search for early aerial footages, you would often hear the buzz.

Some of the old phantoms (like Phantom 2) had mike built in. That's why if you go to YouTube and search for early aerial footages, you would often hear the buzz.

That's from a P2 non-vision with a GoPro attached. Go Pro has its own battery and usually survives the crash intact.
There aren't many DJI Phantom crash videos on youtube. This is because the file gets corrupted from power loss or the battery popping out on impact. There are ways to recover the video, but most users just give up or are ashamed of sharing their $2000 crash vid.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl