Reconnect problems

Reaction score
It happened again. This time I kept a cooler head. But something doesn't seem right. I'd like to know if anyone else experiences this:

Flying manual today with my DBS mod (although this has happened with stock antennas too). I get it out pretty far over the lake. Abouy 14,000 feet away. Video got choppy from time to time when I tried panning. But otherwise signal was pretty good most of the way. When I got out to almost 14,000 I guess the signal dropped out and it said returning to home. Then Litchi said disconnected. I waited awhile for it to reconnect and it didn't. RC beeping so I'm feeling good that RTH is happening. But after waiting awhile I needed to verify. So I tried the following to reconnect my video/data feed:

1) restart Litchi - no reconnect
2) kill Litchi and start DJI - no reconnect
3) Check drone Wifi network - it's up
4) stop and start Wifi on the iPhone - Wifi up but no reconnect.

5) my last resort: turn RC of and on. Restart Litchi and now it connects and I have video and data.

I know that I came well within my range esp using the DBS yet it wouldn't reconnect without an RC restart. This happened once before pretty much over my head. While I was trying to reconnect it landed itself on my roof (I subsequently realized that I likely still had RC control but I semi panicked).

Here is the healthydrones -er- airdata link to the outbound leg up till signal loss.

Airdata UAV - flight data analysis for drones

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94