Recommendation setting for Naza Gain and Low Voltage

Reaction score
Hi my friend,

I have a Dji Phantom with zenmuse h3-2d, avl58 fpv and P2 Probs.
Also the total weight of my Phantom with all that stuff and accessories is 1.280 Kg
So, whats your recommendation for Gain and Low Voltage Naza setting?

Best Regards,

digital.it said:
Hi my friend,

I have a Dji Phantom with zenmuse h3-2d, avl58 fpv and P2 Probs.
Also the total weight of my Phantom with all that stuff and accessories is 1.280 Kg
So, whats your recommendation for Gain and Low Voltage Naza setting?

Best Regards,

Your basic roll/pitch gains will probably need to be a bit higher. There's no single right setting, but chances are it'll fly better between 150-220%. At some point near the upper range, it may start shaking a bit while hovering, introducing high-freq vibrations to your video, if so you back it down a bit. Also test to make sure you can descend at moderate speeds without introducing destabilizing wobbles.

I still have my Naza gains set to the default settings, mainly because I don't know what changing them will do. If I crank them up, what am I affecting, flight control sensitivity? What kind of flight characteristics would warrant changing these settings?

digital.it said:
And what's your recommendation for:
Yaw, Vertical and Attitude Gain settings?

None of those are as (potentially) dynamically unstable as basic roll/pitch.

Basic yaw: however fast you like the craft to automatically correct yaw, stock setting is fine.

Basic vertical: whatever setting allows the craft to achieve hover without taking a lot time or bobbing up and down over 1m. Stock is usually ok.

Attitude gains: these control the sensitivity of your stock input. Whatever your preferences are. I set mine lower--to 90%--to make it easier to fly slowly and smoothly for taking video.

Now, my flight time is around 4 minute!
I think that my phantom is too heavy and i can't control it carefully...
Even when fell down, it hit the ground yesterday :((
Somebody told me that i must change the Vertical gain setting too!? What you think?

digital.it said:
Now, my flight time is around 4 minute!
I think that my phantom is too heavy and i can't control it carefully...
Even when fell down, it hit the ground yesterday :((
Somebody told me that i must change the Vertical gain setting too!? What you think?
1280 is heavy for a 2200mah battery. My phantom is on the lighter end of the spectrum, but i have heavier components and am also at 1280g with a bigger battery. I run near stock vertical gains. You can raise them a bit, but if your phantom hovers without oscillating up and down too much, the vertical gain is doing its job and it won't stop whatever is happening.

A heavy phantom is less responsive and you need to give it more time/throttle to change its momentum. If you hit level 2 voltage alarm, it will auto-descend and you will need to give it more throttle to stay up. Neither of these will be greatly impacted by vertical gain.

Thank you for your reply!
But i don't understand clearly :(
would you please explain little more about Gain setting or please recommend me the values...

Thanks!

digital.it said:
would you please explain little more about Gain setting or please recommend me the values...

Thanks!

What exactly do you not understand from ElGuano's reply?

digital.it said:

Thanks!

As El G stated above every Phantom is different so there is no "set" standards for upping gain settings. To clarify the basics of gain settings - your first 4 settings Pitch, Roll, Yaw & Vertical are how the Phantom reacts to conditions IE wind, etc. The lower 2 Pitch & Roll(attitude) are how your Phantom reacts to stick inputs. Hope this helps.

A lot of people want recommended gain settings, but it's REALLY hard to be correct with modded Phantoms. We'd essentially be guessing.

At 1280g, you might have good results at basic 150/150/200/110, or 220/220/150/130. I've seen it all over the map (and have run it all over the map too at this AUW). You just have to experiment a bit with them and see what works best for your configuration.

What are the flight characteristics When the basic gains are set to low? What are the flight characteristics when they're set to high?

Do the basic gains only come into play in GPS mode?

DesertFlyer53 said:
What are the flight characteristics When the basic gains are set to low? What are the flight characteristics when they're set to high?

Easier to see than explain, there are good YouTube vids out there explaining the effects of gain adjustments. If you can't find them I can link some when I get home later today.

ElGuano said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

Easier to see than explain, there are good YouTube vids out there explaining the effects of gain adjustments. If you can't find them I can link some when I get home later today.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl