Recently purchased Pahantoms..............

Reaction score
Hi guys!
First post and I don't even have my new Phantom yet. Needless to say, I'm really excited, should be here mid week.
Question for those of you that have recently purchased one. From what I'm hearing, the newer ones have the silver and black (CW-CCW) motor shaft threads and of course, the spring loaded throttle stick. What I can't find is any info as to what Firmware they've been shipping with. Is it Version 4.0?
I had initially ordered and since returned for a full refund the new Blade 350QX due to all the late horror stories of prop failures. I feel sorry for the guys that have crashed and burned their new toys and hope that HH will make it right with them.
TIA

Jim

I got mine last week, yes it came with the black nuts to indicate reverse thread, and the new spring loaded controller. I then had to do the 4.0 upgrade.

I had some issues calibrating the compass after the upload; it would not calibrate until I was on my second battery, and second flight. I however, did NOT load the DEFAULT parameters file. I have since done that and everything is working perfectly now, and I am able re-calibrate the compass no problems. It does however go into calibration mode with just 6 flips of the switch, not the 10 mentioned in the DJI Video.

Thank you for the info Gordo and congratulations on a successful 4.0 upgrade! Your're lucky, many have tried and failed at that task.
My Phantom will be here in a couple of days and since posting here I have learned quite a lot. For starters, mine will more than likely ship with software assistant 2.14 and thus 3.14 firmware. I found a link to that older version and will load that up initially. That should give me access to the tools menu, etc, so that I can perform an IMU calibration, as an example.
For those that want to give the 4.0 upgrade a try, the following youtube link is an excellent tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx0YHQeWaj8

Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl