Recent Shell Replacement & GPS Behavior

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had the lower & upper shell on my P3P replaced as some stress cracks began to show on two motor arms, and in general the Phantom well behaves as it was before it.
That being said, I've began to notice that the GPS count (which is good) seem to be dropping as soon as I put my hand or wave my hand on top of the shell, which in turn triggers atti mode. I'm really not sure if that was the case prior to the shell replacement and I'm a bit puzzled on whether this is expected or not.

Would appreciate any feedback on that matter.

Thanks.

Hello,

I recently had the lower & upper shell on my P3P replaced as some stress cracks began to show on two motor arms, and in general the Phantom well behaves as it was before it.
That being said, I've began to notice that the GPS count (which is good) seem to be dropping as soon as I put my hand or wave my hand on top of the shell, which in turn triggers atti mode. I'm really not sure if that was the case prior to the shell replacement and I'm a bit puzzled on whether this is expected or not.

Would appreciate any feedback on that matter.

Thanks.
This is perfectly normal since you are blocking the gps signal with your hand.

FYI, the GPS receiver is in the center of the top shell. Blocking it with anything will reduce or completely block all satellite connections.

Yeah, I guess I'll just make sure not to block sky view while getting ready for take off :)
Thanks a million guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart