Received a call from the FAA this morning

From the FAA's knowbeforeyoufly FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions | Know Before You Fly):

-----

Q: I flew my drone for fun but ended up taking a photograph that I was able to sell later. Is this acceptable?

A: Yes, as long as the original intent of the flight was for fun.

-----

In other words, if you didn't originally take the video with the intent of using it for your business (if you took it for fun), you can continue to use it for commercial purposes now.

......He said it was commercial use and I was not in compliance. He said the commercial issue goes as far as if you are on vacation and you legally fly your drone, for example, next to the condo where you were staying and posted on your FB page how much you enjoyed staying at ABC Condos, you violated the commercial use regulation. Soooooo . . . all you real estate videographers out there...beware. I live in the great state of Arkansas. Y'all come down and visit sometime:) Oh, and leave your drone at home!

I did read and I am aware of what it's says on the FAA page about selling the photos. As a matter of fact, I referenced that earlier but above is part of what the original poster reported being told. This quagmire is what disturbs me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl