Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Recalibrate Every Flight?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by DroneRookie, Jun 1, 2014.

1. DroneRookie

My P2 is requiring me to recalibrate every flight. It is brand new 10-20 flights in with it, no wrecks.

On first startup, I get slow red/yellow flashing. So, I calibrate. Following calibration, I get a red/yellow fast flashing. I restart it and usually get the yellow flashing then turns to green flash and I fly. Sometimes it takes a few tries though.

What is strange is that it takes 3 button pushes to turn it off and my battery will actually turn on without even being in my phantom. I don't remember my old phantom being like that.

Can someone tell me if...
    A) they have to recalibrate every time
    B) if it takes 3 button pushes to power down
    C) if their battery will turn on when not in the phantom (beyond giving you a power level)

2. EMCSQUAR

You shouldn't have to recalibrate everytime... I suspect you mean do the compass "dance" calibration. Try doing an Adavnced IMU calibration through the Tools page of the assistant software.

It should take maybe two button pushes (on a new battery) Via the manaual you push once then again and hold.

Lastly, yes you can turn on battery when not inPhantom.

3. madsonp

Wait a little longer, sometimes it takes it a bit to set the home point and acquire satellites