Real estate video

Nice shots.
Way too long though. I ffwd'd after the first 10 seconds and ended up skipping around.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm shooting a house soon for a demo reel. Will post when I get around to it.

How is this working out for you? Do you do a lot of real estate? Do they just incorporate your pictures/video in their listings?

Thanks for the comment about the length. I wasn't sure about the length myself, but the realtor LOVED IT. He actually wants me to make it longer by incorporating some of the interior shots into the video in-between sequences.

I also presented that video to about 40 other realtors and they watched front to back with smiles on their faces so who knows what the magic length is.

Do you have any you can show me that you've done already?

shartlza said:
Nice. Maybe a little long, but it all depends on your audience.

Here is a sample video I put together to present to some realtors. http://youtu.be/R1iZ0qpOYDg

Thanks shartlza! I like what you've done as well, and think that length is definitely appropriate for a location such as that. I guess I just tried to emphasize the house being on the ravine and wanted to emphasize that.

How did the realtors take to your video?

ShotBy.CA said:
Thanks for the comment about the length. I wasn't sure about the length myself, but the realtor LOVED IT. He actually wants me to make it longer by incorporating some of the interior shots into the video in-between sequences.

I also presented that video to about 40 other realtors and they watched front to back with smiles on their faces so who knows what the magic length is.

Do you have any you can show me that you've done already?

Making one video, incorporating the interior, stats, plus the aerial stuff would be ideal. All in one, under 2:00, I'd imagine to be a good starting point.

40 realtors! Wow.

I have a few houses I've been waiting to shoot. I have yet to shoot with the purpose of showing it for real estate.

I have this (shameless plug) that I shot this weekend. It has some real-estate-esque aspects to it, so maybe it's related? :lol:
Oh, this was shot line of sight too. I fried my fpv transmitter :(

[vimeo]97788911[/vimeo]

poostik said:
ShotBy.CA said:
Making one video, incorporating the interior, stats, plus the aerial stuff would be ideal. All in one, under 2:00, I'd imagine to be a good starting point.

40 realtors! Wow.

I have a few houses I've been waiting to shoot. I have yet to shoot with the purpose of showing it for real estate.

Yeah with the attention spans of people online, I am leaning towards your suggestion of having it all in at approximately 2 minutes.

I've shot quite a few now (that was the first video), and the reception has been dynamite. I have 3 more lined up for this week, and just waiting to hear about a fourth:

http://shotby.ca/edmonton-real-estate-a ... eo-photos/
http://shotby.ca/aerial-photography-sec ... e-listing/
http://shotby.ca/aerial-photos-st-alber ... al-estate/
http://shotby.ca/edmonton-vacant-land-aerial-photos/
http://shotby.ca/aerial-photos-rural-pr ... -edmonton/

...Just wanted to show you those in case you wanted to get some ideas for your own work.

ShotBy.CA said:
shartlza said:
Nice. Maybe a little long, but it all depends on your audience.

Here is a sample video I put together to present to some realtors. http://youtu.be/R1iZ0qpOYDg

Thanks shartlza! I like what you've done as well, and think that length is definitely appropriate for a location such as that. I guess I just tried to emphasize the house being on the ravine and wanted to emphasize that.

How did the realtors take to your video?
I have not met with any yet. I am meeting with some near the end of the week. I hope it goes over well. I did some videos and some photos that I am presenting to them.

2 minutes is the magic number, any longer people get bored. Try and show all sides of the house. One and only view of the home shot from above 300-400ft. I get $250 per home, I don't charge for flying, only my travel ;)

FASTFJR said:
2 minutes is the magic number, any longer people get bored. Try and show all sides of the house. One and only view of the home shot from above 300-400ft. I get $250 per home, I don't charge for flying, only my travel ;)

2 minutes makes sense, as well as all sides of the house. This one I couldn't really do that as it was so tight to the trees on the back side that I had to concentrate on low levels for the front 2 sides, and then high up for the other 2.

I emailed about a dozen realtors in the area and asked permission to fly over their home listings, or to contact the homeowners and secure permission in return for any stills they wanted from the footage I got. These were all realtors who had expensive, photogenic listings, including some multi-million-dollar estates in the hills. I emphasized that they would not be hiring me, that I wouldn't take any money and that it was me seeking a place to fly, not them engaging someone to fly commercially. I got only two replies. One, a realtor who handled the sale of my wife's aunt's house after she died, and one stranger. The first fellow was enthusiastic, but he is now independent and didn't have any current listings. The other said no way, that no realtor would touch that because of potential liability issues. I've given up on the idea. I'm in California.

RussA said:
I emailed about a dozen realtors in the area and asked permission to fly over their home listings, or to contact the homeowners and secure permission in return for any stills they wanted from the footage I got. These were all realtors who had expensive, photogenic listings, including some multi-million-dollar estates in the hills. I emphasized that they would not be hiring me, that I wouldn't take any money and that it was me seeking a place to fly, not them engaging someone to fly commercially. I got only two replies. One, a realtor who handled the sale of my wife's aunt's house after she died, and one stranger. The first fellow was enthusiastic, but he is now independent and didn't have any current listings. The other said no way, that no realtor would touch that because of potential liability issues. I've given up on the idea. I'm in California.

Don't give up! Do you know how much solicitation a realtor gets everyday? Home inspectors, mortgage brokers, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, termite and pest control, other real estate agents, brokers trying to hire, and yes other photographers all trying to earn the realtors business. If you're emailing strangers 2 replies out of a dozen is actually very good. Most of the realtors probably didn't read your email or thought it was some kind of scam (nothing is free). You need to get face to face with realtors to show them the technology and the final product. Find a way to do that! You don't have to worry about the realtor out of touch with reality. There are a few of them out there but they're likely old and will be out of the business soon enough.

For the length of a video youtube has an awesome feature in the analytics section that tracks when each viewer drops off in your video. You can actually watch the video and follow the line graph as pictured bellow. This helps a lot in determining what is a good length of a video and what is the best time to put in the "money shots." For example, after one minute of video I may lose 25% of viewers. So I know to pack in the most important shots in that first minute.

Attachments

• retention.png
    retention.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 435
derrickduff said:
For example, after one minute of video I may lose 25% of viewers. So I know to pack in the most important shots in that first minute.

Excellent info! Thanks Derrick!

RussA said:

That sucks, at the moment I'm overwhelmed. I'm doing work for 3 agents, and I don't even need to edit the video. I just give them 6-10 minutes of raw video. Last Saturday I did 6 homes in 3 hours at 250 a pop. The weather is the biggest hurdle, since I have a "real job" I can only fly on weekends. Unless I'm shooting two or more homes its just not worth the time and effort.

Just started in real estate in New Zealand and have this posted on our real estate web sites.Using a stock PV2 , edited with Adobe Premier Pro ( although no pro in my case, not yet anyway).
http://youtu.be/2G2FPfRcQN4.
Has anyone used the Moverio BT 200. For how long and is it any good?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl