Ready to Fly PV2+ or not.....

Reaction score
Got my new PV2+ v 3.0 and have performed all the calibrations, firmware updates, chargings etc. I also bought the killer RC gimbal protector but haven't installed it yet. After reading the forum and hearing about gimbal separation and ribbon damage, I thought it would be good to install it before my first flight. Outside of that I think I am ready to go. Anything I'm missing? Looking forward to my first flight!

Yeah, I read the manual 2X, watched the BH videos several times and several others on youtube. Plus I have a lot of helicopter experience, and also have been flying a indoor quadcopter about 20 minutes a day for the last 3 weeks......Which was lead me to the PV2...

The most important thing you can do now is to make sure you fly in a large, clear, open area.
Trees, buildings and other obstacles are your number one enemy.

Meta4 said:
Trees, buildings and other obstacles are your number one enemy
Yes, sir.

Understand what the S1 and S2 switches do and how and when to use/set them properly. They will help you stay away from obstacles.

Also, know and understand what the Phantom is telling you when it blinks at you.

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 524
While I have it on the bench, should I perform the foil mod? I do have a version 3.0. Just figured if it will reduce interference why not....

catchingchrome said:
While I have it on the bench, should I perform the foil mod? I do have a version 3.0. Just figured if it will reduce interference why not....
Theoretically unnecessary. DJI upgraded the shielding and installed RF chokes for you in version 3.0.

Make a checklist just to make sure you don't forget anything. It's easy to do. There's one in the Vision app for your iPhone.

Version 3 owners are reporting that it's not an issue. So, until it is an issue, I would recommend you leave it as-is.

catchingchrome said:
It would be pointless if DJI have already done it for you in the latest version.
Easy to fire up the machine on the ground in an open area and see how it reads the sky.

catchingchrome said:

I normally get 10+ sats when flying with my v3 without the foil mod. I would agree with everyone else. Leave it as is u til you have an issue.

I have GPS Plan on my iPhone. It showed that I'd get 7 satellites for my P2V+ v3.0. When I got it out there, I had 9. That's pretty typical.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl