RC turns off after firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Phantom 2 H3-3D
Today I connected the remote control to my computer and started RC Assistant software V1.2
I found there was a firmware update 1.0.2.26 I installed.
After that, "recycle" was not good: instead of a single red led I got some beeps and a green light (I never saw a green light in this RC).
After a few seconds more beeps, flashing red and then off.
Googleing I found there's a new RC with more leds. Mine is the old one.
It is supposed dji software detects your hardware and suggest you for upgrades.
I guess this firmware was not for this RC.
How can I fix this, maybe a downgrade.
Thank you

I installed that update on mine with no issues.

Im not sure what your problem is right now, does your TX unit work, it should show a green light and if in CE mode it will beep once or if its in FCC mode it will beep twice.

That website isn't iphone friendly and I'm not near my PC at the minute, get a YouTube account if you can for future use

Yes, I had tried to upgrade firmware again.

I found the problem/solution.
Before running the update I installed newly recharged 4 AA batteries I always use with this RC. These are Watson batteries I charge with a charger of the same brand, gift a few months ago by BHphoto came with a purchase.

It was a coincidence that there was a fault with them at the time of upgrade.
I checked them: 1.24V, 1.34V, 1.02V, 1.35V

If the issue happened in regular use, RC turning off after some seconds, first thing I would have done would have been to check batteries. But in this case I suspected about the firmware.

Replaced by alkaline batteries, all went to normal, but green light instead of red as it used to be.

I take the opportunity to ask what should be the behavior when the batteries are low.
Would I have a warning with enough time to finish the flight, let's say 15 minutes?

Thank you all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl