RC signal lost AGAIN!!!

Reaction score
I bought today my phantom 4 pro after selling my phantom 4 , i charged calibrated it all was good, then i went to shoot the fire works of Burj Khalifa in Dubai,,,, when i started flying at 11 pm i got signal lost again and RTH was activated at 200m hight only and D 20 m,,,, i felt frustrated and tried to start reading on the forum before 12 pm,,,, didnt get much ...i flew it again at midnight and it was a big fail,,,, at 200 m Signal lost all the time, ,,, so are we having the same issue of P4 here? can anyone tell me if there is a solution for this,,, we dont have DJI support in dubai, so i have to shipped now if they asked for it ,,,,,otherwise can i fix it by my self ? please help

Did you have the remote controller antennas positioned like this?

Reactions: Bachir Moukarzel
Did you check out your flight log to see if it contains any useful information? If not, you can upload and view it online here.

Is there a flight log available when contact with the drone is lost?
well i checked everything all is fine,,, the same used to happen with P3's before,,, and i used to have this issue in P4,,,not sure whats the reason,,, even if i fly in the desert far from the city ,,, tomorrow i will try it again fat from the city and any interference,,,,lets see,,,its frustrating...
... this is the video gopro/phatom you will notice always the drone is going up then down up then down,,, always was cancelling the RTH...drone footage start at approx 4 min,,,, i couldnt go higher then 200meters....

Is there a flight log available when contact with the drone is lost?
Yes. A second DAT flight log is stored on the Phantom's internal memory card. You can view the contents with DatCon.

Yes. A second DAT flight log is stored on the Phantom's internal memory card. You can view the contents with DatCon.
I will tonight, i flew it again today in 2 different open places, signal lost also aircraft disconnected and rth activitated.. its really frustrating .. never had this in my previous drones...

Does the same thing happen when you don't fly directly overhead? As you can see in the above video, the signal is the worst when flying directly overhead.

Does the same thing happen when you don't fly directly overhead? As you can see in the above video, the signal is the worst when flying directly overhead.
actually the first night was overhead, today it was not overhead,,,i feel something is wrong , but i noticed the 2.4G frequency is slightly better then 5.8

Did you try flying in a wide open location that's free of all potential interference? That would at least confirm whether or not that specific environment is causing the problem.

Did you try flying in a wide open location that's free of all potential interference? That would at least confirm whether or not that specific environment is causing the problem.
ye thats what i did today,, i am trying to get the flight record from the drone to MAC through dji assistant but its taking forever and not loading, i can see it on the mobile app only, nothing looks wrong, today i went to an open space as soon as i reach around 300 meters in height it happened ,, the same height like yesterday,,, the screen starts to freeze then from 4 lines signal to red with the message weak signal,,, couple of seconds after it it DC and RTH is activated...
in p2 and p4 never had this,,, p4 sometimes but overall its was decent ...
i guess my only solution is to go to the local dealer which i dont trust his technician or get in touch with DJI

alright as per DJI online support, i should restore downgrade and update the firmware again and it should work .

Hi msinger,
I also have the issue with incomplete logs due to signal loss (during waypoint missions)
Could you by any chance decribe how to:
- Obtain the log files from the Phantom's internal memory card
- With "DatCom", that you refer to, process them
- And if possible, get them into "HealthyDrone.com" where i currenctly store my flight logs.
Cheers !

You can find instructions here.

Healthy Drones is not able to read DAT flight logs.

OK, great, thanks for the link to DatCon, could the .DAT file be converted to a format (.CSV i guess) that Healthy Drone can read ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18