RAW is processed, JPG is not

The DNG should not be influenced by the contrast or saturation setting in the camera nor should it be influenced by any other image appearance settings. The histogram might be affected and the JPEG definitely will be. If you shoot with less than zero contrast and saturation, it could very well be that your DNG has more contrast and saturation than the JPG. That would be functionality as intended.

Personally, I always shoot DNG in NONE, 0,0,0. I have not tested if the histogram reflects the appearance settings when they are set to something else. Some have had to reset their settings to get the histogram to be accurate. Have you tried this? Are you sure the histogram is accurate?

And with my moderator hat on, let's stop calling each others' posts useless. This thread is open to anyone who wants to discuss the topic at hand. Just because you disagree with what some people are saying, doesn't give you reason or cause to say who should post and who shouldn't.

Ianwood. Again we disagree and that´s ok hehehe. If I take a photo with NO contrast and NO saturation and well exposed, the RAW file HAS to come out with those settings and that LOOK. Regardless if I we can edit the image in post.

Ianwood. Again we disagree and that´s ok hehehe. If I take a photo with NO contrast and NO saturation and well exposed, the RAW file HAS to come out with those settings and that LOOK. Regardless if I we can edit the image in post.

How do you know it is well exposed? The histogram?

RAW ignores look including contrast and saturation. At least, that's how it works on this platform.

How do you know it is well exposed? The histogram?

RAW ignores look including contrast and saturation. At least, that's how it works on this platform.

No, not only the histogram. Because I am seeing the image in the ipad and thats a close call to how the photo should look like and because, I don´t want to sound arrogant, but when you have been taking photos for so many years you even know more or less the right exposure.

OK, well, the histogram can be influenced by the image appearance settings. And the preview can be too. Have you tried shooting in NONE, 0, 0, 0?

OK, well, the histogram can be influenced by the image appearance settings. And the preview can be too. Have you tried shooting in NONE, 0, 0, 0?

I did and the same result. I will reset all settings and do another tests.

Is the only way with comments like yours. Good night hehe
I deleted my post because it was pointless. But since you quoted it and responded... All I did however was give you a taste of your own medicine, so pot calling the kettle black.

At the end of the day this thread is about two people who think there is something wrong. So be it, contact DJI and send it in for repair. After 14 pages I don't know what more you expect.

I think that we might stop feed this thread. It's a entire forum vs two people with "problems" in your DNG's. A entire forum trying to explain and two people saying that they are not crazy people and see problems in your DNG.

I try one more time and with more patience:
CAN YOU UPLOAD A DNG+JPG STRAIGHT TO P4P, without have been opened in any program?
Shoot a photo in manual exposure, 3:2 with NONE 0-0-0 custom WB, and upload here DNG+JPG but DON'T OPEN THE DNG, upload directly please. We like to see your issue, maybe we can help.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

I think that we might stop feed this thread. It's a entire forum vs two people with "problems" in your DNG's. A entire forum trying to explain and two people saying that they are not crazy people and see problems in your DNG.

CAN YOU UPLOAD A DNG+JPG STRAIGHT TO P4P, without have been opened in any program?
Shoot a photo in manual exposure, 3:2 with NONE 0-0-0 custom WB, and upload here DNG+JPG but DON'T OPEN THE DNG, upload directly please. We like to see your issue, maybe we can help.

It's very sad that in the whole forum as you mentioned there's no one person who can at least entertain the idea that there could be a few ( if you want to think we are only 2 ok) bad cameras. Isn't it possible at all that DJI has made a mistake in a few of their products? Or are they flawless and absolutely perfect?

And by the way, many many many people who fly a drone with a camera ARE OT PHOTOGRAPHERS. They fly and move a couple of settings and they think they know a lot.

The "2 people" who are mentioning this issue and not "issue" they happen to be professional photographers with vast experience with many formats, resolutions, profiles, editing software etc.

So it's not 2 cray people against the world. It's 2 professional photographers against very very few enthusiast, even less professionals and so many pilots. That's what I think.

I will take the files as you request them in an hour or so, even though I can almost bet you will say as most that they are perfectly fine.

Here are the files as you requested. They are straight from the P4P and hasn´t been opened.

Dropbox - RAW - JPG

your post is useless. We know how to edit a photo, thanks. Again for the 1000 time. The starting point of the DNG is not how was shot. It was shot with less than 0 on contrast, saturation and it was well expose. There is no question the DNG is not right, this is not about if we can moves some sliders and we can or not retouch. Thanks
Just wow.. Almost 5 stops underexposed is well exposed? I must have missed that book.

This is underexposed by two stops after correcting white balance.

Please have a look at this:

Exposure | Understanding Exposure - ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed Explained

Thanks. I am exposing correctly. If you see them not well exposed is not because of my settings. It´s because that's the result after well exposing on camera.

I know how to take a photo. I do that for a leaving. And modesty aside, I do pretty well.

Is not a problem of the photographer, is a problem of the camera.

Thanks anyways.

Thanks. I am exposing correctly. If you see them not well exposed is not because of my settings. It´s because that's the result after well exposing on camera.

I know how to take a photo. I do that for a leaving. And modesty aside, I do pretty well.

Is not a problem of the photographer, is a problem of the camera.

Thanks anyways.
You cannot blame a camera unless you know that you cannot trust a light-meter blindly, especially so under 2000K lighting.

You cannot blame a camera unless you know that you cannot trust a light-meter blindly, especially so under 2000K lighting.

Done the same test in daylight. I wanted to do them at night where contrast are severe.

But it´s ok. If me saying it´s my mistake and I don´t know how take a photo, its cool.

Thanks anyways.

Done the same test in daylight. I wanted to do them at night where contrast are severe.

But it´s ok. If me saying it´s my mistake and I don´t know how take a photo, its cool.

Thanks anyways.
Please post a daylight capture. Point the drone away from the sun and we should have a capture that we can evaluate fairly.

Reactions: RicardoUK
Here are more idiots and trolls claiming something is wrong with the raw files
Phantom 4 Pro DNG and JPG issues

Again, let me remind you, that 10 people dont notice this problem, doesnt mean there arent any, that alone is a pretty stupid statement.
If Dji responded to their customers technical issues that way, calling their customers stupid for claiming something is wrong when 10 other units are fine, how long do you think they will stay in business?

Let me also remind you, that people in here, and on the forums, represent only a FRACTION of the Phantom owners, and still you arrogantly and in a downcondescending way sit and talk on behalf of hundred thousands of other customers?
I think that pretty much sums up your limited intelligence.

Sorry for being rude, back, but we are on common ground here, and we all want the same, the best! So i dont understand why you guys consequently address a couple of us like pricks, just because we have a problem with our gear.
This camera is assembled with parts from the lowest bidder, and there is a GREAT chance something could be wrong with more than just a couple of them, also keep in mind, that most likely, and at LEAST 95% of the users have little or limited knowledge about photography if any at all, and cannot tell the difference between a good and a bad picture, cause they are happy anyway.
Have you guys talked to all of them as well, since you say that "the whole forum here" disagrees with us, or is just a arrogant way of argumenting cause you just THINK you know everything about everyone?
By now, my impression, is that the theoretical experts in here that keep telling us how to use a RAW file, and the difference between a RAW and jpg, just do that, cause they have nothing else to contribute with, cause thats where your knowledge ends.

If we ever get to the bottom with this problem, and Dji admits theres a problem, either hardware or software, i will be so childish and say "whos the idiot now?" Or will you all be adults and apologize for being narrow-minded?
I highly doubt that ;)

This thread will continue until we got real proof in either directions, or else it would be such a horrible waste of time, ending it cause 4-5 people that represent 00000000000000.00000000001% of the consumers say so...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arthurbiss