Rant time

Horizon at sea level is like 20 miles and I can see it so....
Actually, it's about 3 miles for the average male (5'7"). A little farther the taller you are, nearer the shorter.

I know, this surprised me too the first time I learned this factoid. Ships disappear over the horizon at 3 mi.

Here we go again, when did this forum become RANTPilots????.......

DON'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT OTHERS! As long as YOU are following the rules, then you have nothing to worry about! Control what you can control, and dont worry about what other people are doing!
What would you do when the behaviour of others affect your enjoyment or even your business. For example, because of others, now all DJI owners have to follow the rules of DJI GEO system and the extra budden of FAA regulations, these extras have impact the commercial operators and casual flyers. So if we don't speak up when you see some unsafe behaviour, more restrictions and regulations will pass on to EVERYONE.

Do you want that?

Reactions: Monte55
What would you do when the behaviour of others affect your enjoyment or even your business. For example, because of others, now all DJI owners have to follow the rules of DJI GEO system and the extra budden of FAA regulations, these extras have impact the commercial operators and casual flyers. So if we don't speak up when you see some unsafe behaviour, more restrictions and regulations will pass on to EVERYONE.

Do you want that?
I like this post. I really don't care what any of you do, but when it affects me and other innocent people , I will take notice and respond.

I like this post. I really don't care what any of you do, but when it affects me and other innocent people , I will take notice and respond.
It's easy when you're behind a keyboard to tell someone you think they are wrong, not so easy in person. One thing I've noticed very recently is people don't post so many distance or dubious flight data on facebook or the forums anymore :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
It's easy when you're don'tt indbehind keyboard to tell someone you think they are wrong, not so easy in person. One thing I've noticed very recently is people don't post so many distance or dubious flight data on facebook or the forums anymore :)
Now why is that? Maybe because they know what they do is wrong. I dont hide behind keyboards. I have no problem telling anyone to their face what I think. Test me if you will.

Now why is that? Maybe because they know what they do is wrong. I dont hide behind keyboards. I have no problem telling anyone to their face what I think. Test me if you will.
Don't take that the wrong way, I'm not insulting you in anyway, do what you want. Personally I wouldn't confront anyone for anything, if I felt it was really bad I'd call the cops, it's not my job. Example would be a drunk driver, I'd call 911. There maybe some exceptions but at 53 year old and CCW I've never run across a situation where I've confronted anyone.

My point was that people complaining on the internet is a waste of time, you're preaching to the choir or to people that don't care anyway. At best you can report youtube or forum posts to the authorities if you want and I know some drone owners have reported other owners. Again my point, people will just go underground and stop posting.

Reactions: Clipper707
What's wrong with flying at night?
All the rules are geared toward preventing you from flying where you can't be seen by manned aircraft. FAA can't differentiate among which drones that have or don't have lights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94