Range

My P4 only goes about 2200ft before I get a weak signal, why?
Range is variable and affected by a number of factors.
The most important are:
The interference i your flying area (more range over the sea - less in urban areas)
Your antenna orientation​

Do you have the p4 in line of site to your controller? I think you can go into the radio settings and it will show you how much congestion is on each channel and you can select the least used channel. It should be set to auto by default but it may not be and auto may not be ideal in your area.

I went out about a mile and a half today at about 300 feet elevation. My video signal started glitch out but I had a Forrest between me and the p4. I raised it up a little and full signal was regained.

Reactions: tak5501
My P4 only goes about 2200ft before I get a weak signal, why?
The truth is the GL300C controller that comes with the P4 is the weakest lightbridge controller DJI has released to date. Link a GL658 Inspire1 controller to it and go twice as far. That's what I had to do.

The truth is the GL300C controller that comes with the P4 is the weakest lightbridge controller DJI has released to date. Link a GL658 Inspire1 controller to it and go twice as far. That's what I had to do.

Wow, that's great, no issues between controller and P4? I see one for $229 - used

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe