Range?

Reaction score
I thought I saw DJI mention that the 4 has a range of up to 3 miles. But on a review, it listed it as losing transmission in less than 1 mile.

Looking at the 4 pretty strong, but 1 mile on the water is like 50ft on land.

The P4 specs show 3.1 miles (FCC) when the signal is unobstructed and free of interference. A lot of people forget the last two parts and only concentrate on the number -- expecting it to hold true in every location on earth.

Reactions: Fisherman
Over water I can get out 5km any time with my P4 having still 100% signal strength, in stock configuration.
In urban areas distance with good signal strength can drop to half, depending on hight.
Very satisfied how my P4 performs still with over 250 flights.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 450
Elevation is key. At about 1 mile I started getting video interference at 200 feet elevation then brought it up to 390 feet elevation and continued on until it turned around at 2.1 miles

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: uavflyr
You can also get boosters and high gain antennas if you want to really reach out. Heck, I'll sell you my p4 if you want - is got the maxxrange 14dbi antenna installed on it. I fly in high noise, so I don't know just how far you'd get out in the open with no relative noise floor. Probably pretty **** far - it's supposed to be limited by the battery - meaning that's what stops you and makes you turn around rather than signal loss. Never tried it though.

My line of sight is much less than the signal loss. I have yet to fly it out of where I can see it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe