Range mess up or interference?

Reaction score
I flew my p3s today and I decided to go 1000 feet away from home. No problems or anything till the screen says "rc signal lost" and returns to home at 1000 feet away from home. I was under a power line, but I would figure I would start to get lag and lower bars before it lost connection. It was fine then just cut out. I was using a wind surfer range extender.

Last edited:
Yeah not sure why it did this because a few days before we flew your p3s 800 feet with no signal loss. It's probably the power line. That would even interfere with my p4p, and not to mention there was quite a lot of interference around our house today.

I flew my p3s today and I decided to go 1000 feet away from home. No problems or anything till the screen says "rc signal lost" and returns to home at 1000 feet away from home. I was under a power line, but I would figure I would start to get lag and lower bars before it lost connection. It was fine then just cut out. I was using a wind surfer range extender.
Just watched the flight record. It displayed "strong interference".

Last couple of days strong solar flares occured. I always look at this site and keep the levels in mind. The guage is the thing to look closely at. It was above 600 for the last few days.
Solar and Heliospheric Observatory Homepage

I think if the guage is at 600 or less its fine. I've flown when it was higher, but keep it in mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl