RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

havasuphoto said:
Channel 1 F is 14-5740ghz. It's close to the weakest channel in my experience. I use channel 31, which would be 3 F on your TX, which is 5780Ghz.
Yes, always test RTH first. Also-I always look for the rapidly green flashing lights indicating home lock, and, I compare the distance, height and azimuth on the iOSD to make sure it corresponds to my location. Before hitting fail safe, turn around and look for the little diamond...if its' over your head or near your location, and the distance is correct-flip the switch.

Also, try it at about 10 meters. You should see the aircraft stop, climb, then rotate very smoothly, directly back to the diamond, then nose over to about 10 degree's or so, with no wind-the speed is around 10m/sec. Keep that in mind when you use it. If you have a strong head wind going back, I'd just flip "home lock", then Attitude, pull back on the stick, and it will haul a$$.

I got back from my 1113 meter flight, in under a minute!!! And, I was going backwards. It hit something like 20m/sec. Once I returned, I still had something like 5 minutes of flight time remaining......now what do I do?? LOL

Thanks for the great advice, I will try homelock and atti on return if i need to get back quickly. I might try 3/F as my buddy and I were on the same channel today, so one of us is going to have to change.

AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:
How many of you fly with goggles and no spotter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do ....sit on bed of truck and fly w goggles plugged into black pearl.... If I need to pull em off I still have visual through the BP....

Which goggles you have? I ask because the BP monitor from understand shouldn't require to plug in goggle to receive signal.

I think ur confused .... I get the signal from the BP for my fatshark dominators...... My dominators do not have a receiver bc I also use them for my penguin which is at 1.3mhz......

Oh ok. Thank for sharing.

AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:

I do ....sit on bed of truck and fly w goggles plugged into black pearl.... If I need to pull em off I still have visual through the BP....

Which goggles you have? I ask because the BP monitor from understand shouldn't require to plug in goggle to receive signal.

I think ur confused .... I get the signal from the BP for my fatshark dominators...... My dominators do not have a receiver bc I also use them for my penguin which is at 1.3mhz......

extrememc said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
extrememc said:

I found that Tapatalk has a bug or Tapatalk and integration with PhantomPilots.com as a bug. It throws an error when I post and makes me think it hasn't sent the post when it actually has. So I send it again and maybe again...creating multiple duplicate posts.

Extrememc: It seems you have stumbled upon this too!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

havasuphoto said:
If you have a strong head wind going back, I'd just flip "home lock", then Attitude, pull back on the stick, and it will haul a$$.

I got back from my 1113 meter flight, in under a minute!!! And, I was going backwards. It hit something like 20m/sec. Once I returned, I still had something like 5 minutes of flight time remaining......now what do I do?? LOL

Thats a good tip to flip into attitude mode. I didn't realise that overcomes the slow return speed when in GPS mode.

Shrimpfarmer said:
havasuphoto said:
If you have a strong head wind going back, I'd just flip "home lock", then Attitude, pull back on the stick, and it will haul a$$.

Thats a good tip to flip into attitude mode. I didn't realise that overcomes the slow return speed when in GPS mode.
Just from a few observations-I believe GPS mode limits nose down tilt to 25 degree's. That's why when you get to that point, and you are full forward on the stick, and add more throttle, the aircraft only climbs.
I believe ATT mode changes that to 35 degree's. It's something I need to test, just to confirm.
Last-in RTH mode(fail safe), I believe it's limited to 12 degree's, or something like that, which puts the speed at right around 10.2m/sec.

One of my next "projects" is to correlate nose down degree's, with speed. It has to be a dead calm day. But, you should be able to make a chart of sorts, starting at say 10 deg=? m/sec.....15 deg=?m/sec, and so on.

When in ATT and you pitch over, doesn't it descend unless you add throttle? I would think you would want to be careful if BVR and getting dicey video... or am I just being a nervous Nelly?

ladykate said:
When in ATT and you pitch over, doesn't it descend unless you add throttle? I would think you would want to be careful if BVR and getting dicey video... or am I just being a nervous Nelly?
Yes-you have to add throttle. But, it depends. If you don't change the attitude that the aircraft is flying in, in GPS mode, nothing happens-it maintains altitude.
Do you have iOSD mini?
I would never fly BVR without it.
Push forward, and add throttle until it's not descending-look at the speed, and the P degree's number...it should be 25+ degree's, nose down.
Also, if you're at 100+ meters, use some of that altitude for airspeed....more nose down, to descend.

Perfect flying conditions here today, so decided to try and beat my distance record.
Pushed her out to 4.5km until fpv became difficult.

Amazingly this was using only the Nimrod antenna. The Blackhawk Helical was not attached to the IRC duo.
I contacted Horizon and they have asked me to do so testing on the helical and if it is faulty they will replace straight away.
Nice bunch of guys.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjID4oNkoE[/youtube]

The Blackhawk Helical was working ok on your BP ? so have you tried it on its own with the new 5800.

saltire said:
The Blackhawk Helical was working ok on your BP ? so have you tried it on its own with the new 5800.

Yes, I tried it on its own on the 5800 and got maybe 50m away before the image turned to snow. The Horizon guys think it may be shorting or something hence why they want me to check it with a multimeter.

2trickpony said:
saltire said:

Yes, I tried it on its own on the 5800 and got maybe 50m away before the image turned to snow. The Horizon guys think it may be shorting or something hence why they want me to check it with a multimeter.
Interesting.
I think in the future-if we are using dissimilar antennae, we should disconnect 1 to see if we still get the range......so if you have a CP/Clover leaf, disconnect that and try flying with just the patch or helical.
Because, something isn't adding up here. It seems, that just plain old Circular Polarizing antenna's are doing just fine, on their own......??

havasuphoto said:
2trickpony said:
saltire said:

Interesting.
I think in the future-if we are using dissimilar antennae, we should disconnect 1 to see if we still get the range......so if you have a CP/Clover leaf, disconnect that and try flying with just the patch or helical.
Because, something isn't adding up here. It seems, that just plain old Circular Polarizing antenna's are doing just fine, on their own......??

That is what seems to be the case Havas.
However I am still convinced that Helicals should kick in at the range where the CPs start to fail.

And, I believe that too.....but, I'd like someone to prove it. I'd like to see a turn around, where we normally lose video signal, and have the helical fill in that loss.

havasuphoto said:
And, I believe that too.....but, I'd like someone to prove it. I'd like to see a turn around, where we normally lose video signal, and have the helical fill in that loss.

Exactly.

There must be someone else here who uses a helical ..................

havasuphoto said:

If you are asking for the general case of whether the helical works, then I have that on my system (the posting and video from several posts ago). The helical filled in on the turn around with no problem. Granted that it was only 550 out - it does show the helical doing its job.

FWIW - I also did a skew planar only flight (airframe had whip, one skew planar on the Diversity) and got very good results but there was still noise on turn around when low level. Again, short range compared to what everyone seems to want to do but I think it shows the antennas work fine if they are working. :)

First post here. I wanted to quickly thank all of the members who have contributed to this I have learned a ton.

I do have one question after reading through all 30+ pages. After all of the different member tests can you guys definitively recommend the fatshark 250 over the immersion 600 as far as the transmitter goes?

I just got my P2 and want to purchase all of my Fpv gear tonight. And was convinced I was going with the immersion rc with a BP and Iosd UNTIL I stumbled upon this thread that wrapped my head in a different direction today. If you were starting from scratch and had to chose between the Irc600mw and the Fatshark 250 which would you go with?

Thanks again for everyone's contributions and time. It's much appreciated.

P.S. I'm not looking to break any records or long range work... Just looking for reliability and ability to frame good video.

Lil'

lilsalmon said:
If you were starting from scratch and had to chose between the Irc600mw and the Fatshark 250 which would you go with?

P.S. I'm not looking to break any records or long range work... Just looking for reliability and ability to frame good video.

Lil'

Heh... I'm not the one who is flying 2 or 3 or 4 K out but I have had great luck with somewhat vanilla transmitters and good antennas. I would think either of your decisions would work out.

FWIW, I decided to get a FATSHARK kit and it comes with a tx - so I'll have it available anyway. I'm comfortable it will work out but I won't replace my current TS832 setup with it. I'll put it on something else.

lilsalmon said:
First post here. I wanted to quickly thank all of the members who have contributed to this I have learned a ton.

I do have one question after reading through all 30+ pages. After all of the different member tests can you guys definitively recommend the fatshark 250 over the immersion 600 as far as the transmitter goes?

I just got my P2 and want to purchase all of my Fpv gear tonight. And was convinced I was going with the immersion rc with a BP and Iosd UNTIL I stumbled upon this thread that wrapped my head in a different direction today. If you were starting from scratch and had to chose between the Irc600mw and the Fatshark 250 which would you go with?

Lil'

Hi Lil' and welcome to this confusing thread :lol:
From my own personal testing I would not recommend the BP and IRC600 if you are flying much further than 500m.
I have tried this combo with a few different antennas and none were good enough for me.
Now, the situation gets a bit complicated as some people are reporting good quality with FS250 and BP.
I think there is an inherent compatibility issue with the IRC600 and BP and since I moved to a IRC Duo the difference has been night and day ( my 4.5km flight mentioned earlier proves this) You would probably also get excellent performance with the IRC Uno receiver which is a hell of a lot cheaper the Duo.

So, if it was me and I wasnt going to be flying further than a couple thousand meters then I would go with either the FS250 and BP, or IRC600 and IRC uno, with the BP as monitor only.
Oh, and get good quality antennas such as Horizon's Nimrods:
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... p-or-lhcp/

I hope this helps out a little.

Cheers
Stu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez