RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

d4ddyo said:
jondrew said:
d4ddyo said:
I know it's not 5k. But that's pretty good. Is the additional gain for the expense worth it?

You mean over the rubber ducky standard antennas? Definitely. I'm not sure I'll ever fly out much past 2km on any regular basis. Certainly not from my house because that would mean having to cross housing developments/roads etc.

I may mess around and try to build my own helical antenna just for yuks, but again, I'm not really trying to max out range.

Oh I know that. I mean to actually try ibcrazy's antenna. 1.3k ain't bad.
Now that I know I can hit 2k maybe I'm less motivated. I just got my Fatsharks so I'll probably play with them some, then I still have the Groundstation sitting on the bench wait to be installed.

d4ddyo said:
jondrew said:
d4ddyo said:
I know it's not 5k. But that's pretty good. Is the additional gain for the expense worth it?

You mean over the rubber ducky standard antennas? Definitely. I'm not sure I'll ever fly out much past 2km on any regular basis. Certainly not from my house because that would mean having to cross housing developments/roads etc.

I may mess around and try to build my own helical antenna just for yuks, but again, I'm not really trying to max out range.

Oh I know that. I mean to actually try ibcrazy's antenna. 1.3k ain't bad.
Now that I know I can hit 2k maybe I'm less motivated. I just got my Fatsharks so I'll probably play with them some, then I still have the Groundstation sitting on the bench wait to be installed.

d4ddyo said:
PCDan said:
Great input everyone… all 68 pages. I am totally new to RC and FPV but learning quickly as a result of this thread. Ive had my P2+H3-3D Gimbal+ GoPro 3 for 1 week, just leaning to fly and now ready to venture out.

First off, it became very clear that the variables are nearly infinite. Even with the same gear the channel settings, antenna placement, antenna direction, and geography etc.. all influence FPV reception.

My rookie summary of what FPV set-up to get for good reception and distance is below ( 1-2 Km+ but not records). If I totally missed it please let me know.

LCD screen - I think I like a screen better than goggles - but may get FS goggles as well
Black Pearl - which I am choosing
- new version F band BP is reported to work better with IRC and FS Tx
- 4 Band BP doesn't mate well with IRC600
- 4 band BP seems to work better with FS250
Boscam is good as well - can match with Boscam Tx - but I haven't seen as much in terms of comparative RANGE reviews
Fat Shark goggles Rx work much better with IRC 600 Tx than original BP internal Rx (new BP F band Rx may work better).

TX
IRC600 Tx - doesn't match perfectly with the 4 band BP Rx.
FS 250 - can work better than IRC 600 depending on antennas
IRC 600 works great with IRC Uno5800 and Duo5800 Rx - which can replace BP Rx if needed.

Rx
BP internal diversity Rx can work well with the IRC600 with the right antenna set up
Can always use an IRC Uno5800 or DUO5800 Rx to replace BP Rx if antennas aren't enough

**Antennas - good antennas appear to be the link to clear long distance FPV with a BP and Immersion 600 (or any Tx/Rx for that matter). Many many to choose from.
- I plan to start with 2 FS SpiroNets - one for the P2 one for the BP
- 2nd BP antenna - either a Patch, crosshair, or Helical ?? - havent decided but a 5 helical seems to be the preferred set up.
- Spironet on P2 mounted on right side bent pointing down
- Dji transmitter antenna sideways

So I think I will get this --> Black Pearl (F band), IRC600, 2 v2 Spironets, 1 IBCrazy Helical, and an iOSD mni. Good place to start?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for all of the info and awesome videos!

I know what you read about the DJI Controller antenna. The truth is that you should match the direction of the antenna with the P2. So the P2 has 2 tiny whip antennas on each leg front and back that are vertical. You should be parallel to them. It really is more important on the P2 end.
Can you please explain what you mean about the antennas in more noob terms?

I'm installing FPV for the first time. My understanding is that the Immersion RC 600mw + the 7 channel Black Pearl is the best combo if I want a monitor with built in receiver. But I'm completely lost when it comes to antenna talk and I know the antennas I use have a big impact on the performance I will get.

I've often read that using a monitor with an integrated receiver is not as good as using a dedicated receiver, but I assume the range is still better than the Phantom Vision+, right?

GhostMaster said:
extrememc said:
This is for you distance seekers. 5km one way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9VbVg9EUM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was with boscam gear, highly recommended, cheaper than immersionRC and high quality as well.

Boscam TS353 400mw: http://j.mp/1gJ6t7s

Boscam 7" RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver: http://j.mp/1lZuham
LCD Battery Charger: http://j.mp/1h3CreQ
Is using the Boscam transmitter with the Boscam diversity monitor better than using the Immersion RC 600mw + Black Pearl monitor?

uscpsycho said:
d4ddyo said:
PCDan said:
Great input everyone… all 68 pages. I am totally new to RC and FPV but learning quickly as a result of this thread. Ive had my P2+H3-3D Gimbal+ GoPro 3 for 1 week, just leaning to fly and now ready to venture out.

First off, it became very clear that the variables are nearly infinite. Even with the same gear the channel settings, antenna placement, antenna direction, and geography etc.. all influence FPV reception.

My rookie summary of what FPV set-up to get for good reception and distance is below ( 1-2 Km+ but not records). If I totally missed it please let me know.

LCD screen - I think I like a screen better than goggles - but may get FS goggles as well
Black Pearl - which I am choosing
- new version F band BP is reported to work better with IRC and FS Tx
- 4 Band BP doesn't mate well with IRC600
- 4 band BP seems to work better with FS250
Boscam is good as well - can match with Boscam Tx - but I haven't seen as much in terms of comparative RANGE reviews
Fat Shark goggles Rx work much better with IRC 600 Tx than original BP internal Rx (new BP F band Rx may work better).

TX
IRC600 Tx - doesn't match perfectly with the 4 band BP Rx.
FS 250 - can work better than IRC 600 depending on antennas
IRC 600 works great with IRC Uno5800 and Duo5800 Rx - which can replace BP Rx if needed.

Rx
BP internal diversity Rx can work well with the IRC600 with the right antenna set up
Can always use an IRC Uno5800 or DUO5800 Rx to replace BP Rx if antennas aren't enough

**Antennas - good antennas appear to be the link to clear long distance FPV with a BP and Immersion 600 (or any Tx/Rx for that matter). Many many to choose from.
- I plan to start with 2 FS SpiroNets - one for the P2 one for the BP
- 2nd BP antenna - either a Patch, crosshair, or Helical ?? - havent decided but a 5 helical seems to be the preferred set up.
- Spironet on P2 mounted on right side bent pointing down
- Dji transmitter antenna sideways

So I think I will get this --> Black Pearl (F band), IRC600, 2 v2 Spironets, 1 IBCrazy Helical, and an iOSD mni. Good place to start?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for all of the info and awesome videos!

I know what you read about the DJI Controller antenna. The truth is that you should match the direction of the antenna with the P2. So the P2 has 2 tiny whip antennas on each leg front and back that are vertical. You should be parallel to them. It really is more important on the P2 end.
Can you please explain what you mean about the antennas in more noob terms?

I'm installing FPV for the first time. My understanding is that the Immersion RC 600mw + the 7 channel Black Pearl is the best combo if I want a monitor with built in receiver. But I'm completely lost when it comes to antenna talk and I know the antennas I use have a big impact on the performance I will get.

I've often read that using a monitor with an integrated receiver is not as good as using a dedicated receiver, but I assume the range is still better than the Phantom Vision+, right?

GhostMaster said:
extrememc said:
This is for you distance seekers. 5km one way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9VbVg9EUM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was with boscam gear, highly recommended, cheaper than immersionRC and high quality as well.

Boscam TS353 400mw: http://j.mp/1gJ6t7s

Boscam 7" RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver: http://j.mp/1lZuham
LCD Battery Charger: http://j.mp/1h3CreQ
Is using the Boscam transmitter with the Boscam diversity monitor better than using the Immersion RC 600mw + Black Pearl monitor?

Yes, the image is little clear in boscam.

My test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU

That test was made using the same distance, antennas and transmitter.

GhostMaster said:

That is Boscam Transmitter in both cases.

I'm wondering if Immersion RC 600mw + BP is better than Boscam vtx + Boscam monitor.

And how is the range of the Boscam transmitter compared to Immersion RC since Boscam is only 200mw vs the Immersion RC which is 600mw?

uscpsycho said:
GhostMaster said:

That is Boscam Transmitter in both cases.

I'm wondering if Immersion RC 600mw + BP is better than Boscam vtx + Boscam monitor.

And how is the range of the Boscam transmitter compared to Immersion RC since Boscam is only 200mw vs the Immersion RC which is 600mw?

The imagem quality on BP is always not very clear. As for the range, with the immersionRC 600mw i cannot go above 1.5km. With the boscam 200mw and boscam lcd 5802 i got arround 1km with the same antenna setup (Helical 3 turns and cloverleaf).

With the TS353 400mw you can go above 2km...

GhostMaster said:
The imagem quality on BP is always not very clear. As for the range, with the immersionRC 600mw i cannot go above 1.5km. With the boscam 200mw and boscam lcd 5802 i got arround 1km with the same antenna setup (Helical 3 turns and cloverleaf).

With the TS353 400mw you can go above 2km...

Results seem to vary a lot. I have the Immersion 600mw, FS/Immersion Spironet antennas and a Diversity 5802 monitor (most likely the same one branded as Boscam) and I've gone to 2km and probably had some to go.

ScreenShot2014-05-04at75532PM_zpsbf8fd73e.png

PCDan said:
GhostMaster said:
With the BP 32CH version i got arround 1.5km range with immersionRC 600mw, more than enough for most users.

I ordered the 7 channel F Band BP which is supposed to get along better with the IRC600. If everything on this thread holds true I should have good fpv distance and reception with the antennas I ordered.... if not i will just get an IRC v3 DUO5800 RX.
Have you tried this out yet?

Please let us know how this works out for you! I'm leaning towards getting this exact setup but haven't seen any reviews of the 7 channel version of the BP.

Also, what antennas did you get?

uscpsycho said:
PCDan said:
GhostMaster said:
With the BP 32CH version i got arround 1.5km range with immersionRC 600mw, more than enough for most users.

I ordered the 7 channel F Band BP which is supposed to get along better with the IRC600. If everything on this thread holds true I should have good fpv distance and reception with the antennas I ordered.... if not i will just get an IRC v3 DUO5800 RX.

Please let us know how this works out for you! I'm leaning towards getting this exact setup but haven't seen any reviews of the 7 channel version of the BP.

I've got the 7 channel, works great, better than the 32 channel BP. With my homemade helical and CP antennas, I went 2.5km with the 32 channel (could go further). It will probably look better with the 7 channel, though I havent had time to test it out yet, but my short distance test with the 7ch (about 1km), the video looks beautiful.

The key is a good helical and CP antennas.

Hi Everybody and thanks for all the very helpful advise. I have my P2+H2-3D about a month now so its time to add FPV to the mix. I am looking at the BP (32CH version) with either the Immersion RC 600mW or the Boscam TS832 600mW Tx. It looks like the IRC will do the range I want with the correct antenna setup but is the TS832 any good? I am only considering it because it is 32CH so should match any RX I may upgrade to in the future. Thanks in advance! I will post some pics of my setup once it is complete.

uscpsycho said:
PCDan said:
GhostMaster said:

I just got all the FPV kit installed, set the BP to PAL and the iOSD data works perfectly set on F Band channel 1. Unfortunately I am waiting to get my gimbal back from DJI so still waiting to fire it all up. (gimbal got crunched in a ring state vortex free fall) I ordered the Spironets and the IBCrazy helical

Hi

I have a standard Fat Shark with 250mw transmitter and I go pretty much as far as the unit can go .... In open line of sight.... Before it turns and heads back to me. Prob about 800m. I have driven the distance and it marks it to just under 1km.
That's with non spiro antennas.

I have been searching unsuccessfully for half an hour to find the thread I once saw regarding ImmersionRC Duo receiver used with Fatshark goggles and Lilliput 664/W. A forum member there had some good intel on the battery scheme and other details. I just received my Duo, and flew this morning with the new setup, with AV cables to both Fatsharks and Lilliput. I switched the Fatshark receiver off, and enjoyed great coverage for over 2,500 meters. However, the Lilliput is not getting its video in from the Duo receiver, despite same cabling to the Lilliput as to the Fatsharks. Is there a way to tell the Lilliput to shut off its receiver, and take video feed from the video-in jack on the upper left edge of the screen? It is clearly not benefiting from the Duo.

Also, is it normal for a clicking sound as the Duo toggles the red lights I assume indicating which antenna is being favored based on signal strength/quality?

Appreciate any guidance/photos on two-antenna alignment. I am using a patch antenna and a IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical antenna. Pleased by the early results, and looking to benefit from others' learning on system optimization.

Kelly

Hi, I have found a Lithuanian forum and through the help of Bing Translator I have found some recent info re TX output.

-------------------------------------------------"COLD"-----------"Warm"--------"With Fan"
.................................................Šaltas............Įkaitęs..........Su oro apipūtimu

ImmersionRC 600 mW......Tx Nr 1.......543mW...........423mW.........498mW

ImmersionRC 600 mW......Tx Nr 2.......564mW...........474mW.........531mW

Boscam TS832 600 mW.....Tx Nr 1.......517mW...........434mW.........483mW

Boscam TS832 600 mW.....Tx Nr 2.......463mW...........395mW.........439mW

taken from this site.....http://www.rcm.lt/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29698
I hope this is of help to people, like me, still trying to decide on an FPV setup.

I have a BP 32 channel monitor with a Fatshark 250mw TX and Horizon antennas. Get out to 2000m before I get breakup. Just ordered an Immersion 600mw TX, Spironets and an Immersion Uno5800 receiver. Will do some testing over the next few days based on the following configs to see which setup gives me the best results.

BP + FS + Horizon SP
BP + FS + Spironet SP
BP + Immersion + Horizon SP
BP + Immersion + Spironet SP
Uno5800 + FS + Horizon SP
Uno5800 + FS + Spironet SP
Uno5800 + Immersion + Horizon SP
Uno5800 + Immersion + Spironet SP

First up:-
Ch 1 5740 MHz
BP + FS + Horizon SP

Attachments

• 2014-05-21_17-10-34.jpg
    2014-05-21_17-10-34.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 631
Be reading this post with great interest.

Got my fpv kit for my phantom 2 before I read all this, and it seems im getting pretty good results.

I was after the immersion 600mw but was advised that the 25mw was good enough for 1km with the right antennas
My setup
Immersion 5.8 25mw transmitter
Black pearl monitor 7ch
Spironet antenna
Spironet patch antenna.
Iosd mini
Ive Had 1200 meters and at that range was getting a fair bit of static, I lost some signal on return untill around 1000m. Could have probably went further but chickened out.

The only thing im not to happy with is that the picture starts getting noisy/grainy after only 100-200 meters. I would like to improve this, so the picture quality is solid past 1000 meters.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl