Radio Frequency Interference Alert

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday my local flying club held a midnight fly-in. At this even we had 1 Phantom_4 (mine), 1 Phantom_3 and a Blade Chroma 4K and numerous other aircraft. We (quads) all were in the air at the same time and filming various aspects of the event. During startup I got a radio frequency interference alert or caution, when I checked my frequencies I did see a lot of red spikes that went up and down. I do not at this time have the 32 channel hack. I'm running the iPad pro 9.7 as my device. Also several other planes were in the air and we were filming various aspects of their flight. Once I was up and clear of the Phantom_3 the alert went away but I did have several video transmission breaks during the flight. I have flown at this location many times and have only encountered this "radio frequency interference" issue once before when another P3_Advance was flying. I've flown with the Chroma pilot before and not encountered the issue. I've seen videos and read discussions of others flying with P3 and P4. So has anyone had this before and is there a explanation or fix?

If the aircraft and/or controllers are in close proximity you will sometimes have issues. Nearly all RC are flying in the 2.4 Ghz band using some form of SST so, when lots are together, there are bound to be hiccups here and there. That said, I've been in the air with a couple dozen or more RC at the same time & flown fine.

Last edited:
Lock in on one channel in manual mode to prevent constant jumping to better channel, preferably a channel from the hack.

I don't have an issue flying around other RC but my buddies el cheapo manual drone tends to fall out of the sky flying around me

Thanks, like I've said I have flown at the Club Location on lots of occasions and filmed with other aircraft and quads, best friend has a P2 Vision and we fly frequently together almost pilot station to pilot station and no issue. I'm tending to think it has to do with this one Pilot and his P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl