Quickest Way to Edit and Post Videos Online

Reaction score
I know some of you are really particular about video editing and socializing them.

I for one want the quickest way in and out without much mucking around, purely to save time or else I might not do it as often.
Life is about convenience especially when something is a hobby, there isn't much time one can allocate for such activities. And this is after flying the Phantom :)

So, lets begin.
After taking a few video snips, I would like to cut and stitch certain clips, I might also have a requirement to add my own music.
The issue is, I cannot remove the micro sd from the Phantom and plug it directly into either my Synology or my Android Tablet with DJI GO to be able to edit the videos in the application itself.

Do I have to download the videos everytime to my Tablet, that can be painful as I would not have enough storage on my tablet to download 10 GB from the micro sd, what to do in this situation.

Anyone doing it a better way :)
Am I missing something very obvious ?

Best if you have a laptop or PC. Tablets are limited by storage and memory. Using a USB micro card reader make for easy transfer. I use a small USB drive to store my videos on. Then I can work on them add music and edit when I can't fly or weather is bad. I use a free Windows Movie Maker for doing the cutting clipping and editing. Works pretty good. No complaints from me.

Best if you have a laptop or PC. Tablets are limited by storage and memory. Using a USB micro card reader make for easy transfer. I use a small USB drive to store my videos on. Then I can work on them add music and edit when I can't fly or weather is bad. I use a free Windows Movie Maker for doing the cutting clipping and editing. Works pretty good. No complaints from me.
Ok but what about compressing file size without loosing quality. The DJI Go app would automatically do that ? So we can share the files instantly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok but what about compressing file size without loosing quality. The DJI Go app would automatically do that ? So we can share the files instantly

You cant reduce file sizes without loosing some quality (unless you make the clip shorter). Question is how much of a compromise are you comfortable with. Storage is cheap these days.

You cant reduce file sizes without loosing some quality (unless you make the clip shorter). Question is how much of a compromise are you comfortable with. Storage is cheap these days.
It's not so much my comfort on file size, most of not all line streaming services have a size limit.

As an example a 4 min video on the phantom is about 1GB, that is no way going to work

From my understanding or what your intentions are if you dont have the time, the opoortinity or preparedness to edit and transcode to lower bit rates just start and stop recording in the air and upload the resulting file. Or team up witj someone who is more interested in production and let them do the editing.

So no simple way to achieve a 4 min upload to let's say....You Tube

I think you need to explain what your intent is more clearly before people can help you.
It's simple really, creating a video by snipping clips and then being able to upload to streaming servers

All this through a laptop or tablet, and all the editing compressing using one software

I use Windows movie maker. When you publish the video you can publish specific to a device or online. I generally select the recommended format. When you publish it online, sites such as YouTube will compress it down to say 720.

Will the software work on windows ?
Dont know, maybe could run under an android emulator or virtual machine but might not connect to your remote properly.Why woud you want to run windows, i thought the intent was quickest wasiest way to edit and get video uploaded.

I use Windows movie maker. When you publish the video you can publish specific to a device or online. I generally select the recommended format. When you publish it online, sites such as YouTube will compress it down to say 720.
Do you use windows movie maker from start to end ? Means from the time you download the clips, editing , etc

Dont know, maybe could run under an android emulator or virtual machine but might not connect to your remote properly.Why woud you want to run windows, i thought the intent was quickest wasiest way to edit and get video uploaded.
That is the intent but with the DJI GO app, I need to connect the phantom to the tablet via usb ?

That is the intent but with the DJI GO app, I need to connect the phantom to the tablet via usb ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app[/QUOTE

Ok, i give up..... if you watch the dji instructional video i posted it shows you how to edit and upload using the DJI GO app....

Ok, i give up..... if you watch the dji instructional video i posted it shows you how to edit and upload using the DJI GO app....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl