Quick tablet/phone question

Reaction score
Just ordered P2V+. I only have a Motorola Xoom android tablet. Has anyone figured out a way to conveniently use a tablet and the transmitter together?

If that won't work is it possible to use a cheap android smartphone that is not activated with any service. Just use the wifi part of it for FPV?

Thanks in advance.
Galen

:D Yes, and android devices work fine. At 10.1 inch screen, that Xoom might be a bit top heavy on the transmitter. Make sure to get a good mount and a lanyard with that setup.
You can use a phone with no service. You might get a unlocked S3 or S4 fairly cheap. Nice size and bright screen. You will, at some point, want a sunshade for your tablet or phone so something else to consider.

Good luck and enjoy that new bird!

Thanks for your comments and help.

To pb7424:

What model iRulu 7" tablet did you get? Seems like an inexpensive way to go since the Motorola Xoom is pretty big.

Thanks.

Just look on eBay for iRulu 7" tablet with Android software. Looks like they are selling for $42.99 now.

I just ordered one off Amazon for $47 free shipping (with prime) and being it is fulfilled by Amazon, 30 day no questions asked return policy if it doesn't work out.

What screen resolution did you get? Will the screen resolution make it easier to see in the sunlight?

I got the 1024x800 one. Downloaded and installed all the DJI apps with no problem what so ever. Everything connects great ad it is a nice little table for the price. Just need to come up with a mount now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl