Quick question - Motor Stop

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick newbie question regarding controlling the motors.

When the Phantom is landed if you (in Mode 2) pull the left hand Stick down and hold it down the motors power off. If you did the same when the Phantom is in flight, would the motors shut down?

Many thanks

RickB

Hi All

Just a quick newbie question regarding controlling the motors.

When the Phantom is landed if you (in Mode 2) pull the left hand Stick down and hold it down the motors power off. If you did the same when the Phantom is in flight, would the motors shut down?

Many thanks

RickB
It would descend until it reached the ground-- once it is on the ground, that command will shut the motors down. BTW, it will also land very hard it you try this but the motors wont stop until it is on the ground.

lets see if i understand this. if iam at 100 feet and hold the left control knob down the phantom will just come down, without shutting the motors off. untill it lands?

if iam at 100 feet and hold the left control knob down the phantom will just come down, without shutting the motors off. untill it lands?
That's correct.

lets see if i understand this. if iam at 100 feet and hold the left control knob down the phantom will just come down, without shutting the motors off. untill it lands?
As I stated previously, the motors will shut off if left stick is all the way down AND motion has stopped. You could hand catch the bird 10 feet off the ground, hold it still, and the motors will quit.

As I stated previously, the motors will shut off if left stick is all the way down AND motion has stopped. You could hand catch the bird 10 feet off the ground, hold it still, and the motors will quit.
Finally an answer that is correct. This question is asked so many times and almost all answers state once on the ground, the motors will stop. It could as stated above as a hand catch 10 feet in the air, roof landing, hanging in a tree. It has nothing to do with the ground. It is the fact that the bird has stopped decending. ....no matter where it is.

It is the fact that the bird has stopped decending. ....no matter where it is.
To be even more pedantic about it, I believe the motors will not shut off until the bird stops moving. Try walking around after hand catching it. I don't think the motors will stop.

To be even more pedantic about it, I believe the motors will not shut off until the bird stops moving. Try walking around after hand catching it. I don't think the motors will stop.
Well, it has to be still for a few seconds. With most landings, the quad doesn't keep moving once it has stopped. ...unless it's possessed by the devil

The most important thing here however is that the bird wont just cut off and fall out of the sky while in mid decent.

Another important note, is that if one were 100 ft in the air, and one holds the left stick all the way down, the Phantom will come to a very abrupt stop as it impacts the earth, unless one let's off the stick before said impact.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

if your saying the motors will stop? not sure if thats accurate.

It's a bit tongue-in-cheek or even sarcastic.

He's saying that the aircraft will slam into the ground unless you stop descending before impact.
This would usually result in motor stoppage one way or the other.

Sorry, yes it was sarcasm. An earlier post you asked if it was ok to hold the throttle stick full down until landing, and I was just imagining someone holding their stick down, thinking that the Phantom would land softly on its own...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164