quick question about battery charge time.

joi

Reaction score
how long does it take for the standard batteries to charge? my fc40 should arrive tomorrow, and i was curious.

also, is there a sticky thread of tutorials? i have came across one yet.

thanks.

On 3 amp charge (3a) it takes roughly an hour for a full charge after it dies, however when you get your phantom I think it's already at a 60% charge so I'd say no longer than 30 minutes before you're ready to go. Also dont forget to charge your camera and get a mico sd card! The camera takes about 4 hours to charge so be prepared to wait a while on that. Also if you need any help feel free to ask and I'll make a video tutorial for ya.

charge the camera with a regular cell phone adapter. USB on the PC doesn't charge the camera!
With a cell phone adapter (iphone, Blackberry, Samsung) it takes about 45 minutes when my camera battery is completely empty. Be sure that the red light pulsates when charging. If it stays solid red it doesn't charge. Had the camera the whole night on the USB port the first day only to find the next morning it was completely utterly empty. It also charges quite quickly in the car with a car phone adapter.

thx for the replies!
im afraid to leave the house, i always miss the delivery guy..

joi said:
thx for the replies!
im afraid to leave the house, i always miss the delivery guy..

I have 3 chargers and eight batteries, might wanna think in that direction. I know what you mean about the delivery guy...**** them. Do a youtube search on the FC40 and you'll at least be entertained while you wait.

One more thing! If you're using fedex, don't trust the tracking service!!! either it's really messed up or they somehow figured out a way to ship things from nevada to arizona in minutes and then pulled out their time machine to ship it to my hometown 8 hours into the future. :lol:

i got a second battery, 2 sets of props, and prop guards. i had to wait to get to work before i could install the guards.. silly lack of an allen wrench. hopefully i can sneak out on my lunch break and take it for a spin.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl