Question

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Looking at getting a Phantom 2 for Christmas. My wife will be ordering this for me and upon looking around online, it seems there are some options. I'/ve seen on Amazon that there's a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro Video Camera for $829.99 and then a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle with 3-Axis Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal for GoPro for $978.99. About a $149 difference in price, but not sure of the difference between the two. Both are being sold through DJI.

Can anyone elaborate? Is the higher priced one worth it over the other one?

Thanks in advance....
Brian

I think I found the difference. Upon reading the description at the bottom of the Amazon page it states "This is V2.0 of the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal and includes upgraded motors, propellers, and a new remote control transmitter that has a rechargeable battery built in." ...

Yes, agree buy the V2.0 of the Phantom 2 if you can.......look for a local dealer, preferably a DJI dealer and repair shop, don't forget you'll probably also need a transmitter, ISO, FPV etc to get the full package.

Or do what I did buy a basic quad, learn to fly and then upgrade to the full fpv set-up.
Cheers Mark

Welcome!

The more expensive one is certainly worth it. All those upgrade, you would want to do later on anyway. Best to have it all already done from the factory.

Depends on your interest level.

If you just want to fly and photo then sure a P2V+ is a great option.

If your a hobbyist, like to tinker, feel you'll be 'in this' for the long run and want to upgrade sequencially, than the P2 is the same platform to start from.

It will mainly be used to shoot aerial videos....of course being a kid at heart (45 times), it will be for fun as well.

wbwood said:
Hi, new here. Looking at getting a Phantom 2 for Christmas. My wife will be ordering this for me and upon looking around online, it seems there are some options. I'/ve seen on Amazon that there's a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro Video Camera for $829.99 and then a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle with 3-Axis Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal for GoPro for $978.99. About a $149 difference in price, but not sure of the difference between the two. Both are being sold through DJI.

Can anyone elaborate? Is the higher priced one worth it over the other one?

Thanks in advance....
Brian

Here is a video that explains the differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJv3QgEfc
I've got the original Phantom 2 with the H3-2D and love it. I've currently working on my FPV setup (iosD Mini, AVL58, 8 inch monitor). The Phantom 2 V2 has some nice additions and is probably worth spending the addition $. They already have upgrade kits out for people like me that have the original Phantom 2.

Good Luck and Enjoy. It is a blast but a little scary at first. Check out all of the tutorial videos and take your time learning about it before flying it. You will read many stories of fly aways and crashes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl