Question on Multistar 4000 batteries

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Looooooooooong time since I posted, ...or flew. Just seemed to be a lull in the interest. When you've seen this swamp from every angle, there's not a lot of thrill in seeing it again, ...and again. So for a while, I dabbled in Manual Mode. Not necessarily a good result, but learned some stuff.

So now I've taken it out and charged the batts which were in a storage state @ 40-60%. It took a little longer to charge than it used to, which I expected, maybe just over two hours. But yesterday, I flew for a while and charged when I got home, and actually timed the charge. It was just twenty minutes short of FOUR HOURS before the green light on the charger went solid. This is only the 37th charge on this battery and I'm noticing some puffing. So, with a 4 hour charge, is it over for this battery?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions...

I would check the voltage on each cell after using it. If they are far apart, I would scrap the battery. Multistars are cheap, not worth crashing your bird.

10-4 syotr, I'll do that. I bought three initially when I got my first P1 back in Dec. of 2014. Thanks for your help...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl