Question about the version with the screen

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
I have thus far used the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro versions without the integrated controller screen.

I am about to place an order for the Phantom 4 Pro v2 and was thinking of getting the + version with the integrated screen. Any downside to this vis-a-vis the basic non + version? Price is not a factor in my decision. Reliability and functionality are.

Price is not a factor in my decision. Reliability and functionality are.
Then I would do lots of research before doing so. Personally, I won't touch it. Not that is not a good item, but just so many issues at present.
I had considered a P4 upgrade for a while, but after all the battery issues, I decided an unwise decision. That is just my opinion. Some have never had issues, but for the price for the P4, I didn't risk the investment. And happily so at this point. My trusty P3A still flies flawlessly.

Then I would do lots of research before doing so. Personally, I won't touch it. Not that is not a good item, but just so many issues at present.
I had considered a P4 upgrade for a while, but after all the battery issues, I decided an unwise decision. That is just my opinion. Some have never had issues, but for the price for the P4, I didn't risk the investment. And happily so at this point. My trusty P3A still flies flawlessly.

I have flown P4 and P4P quite extensively without any issues.

To be clear: I’m requesting input on the regular vs the + versions, not whether I should buy the P4P v2.

To be clear: I’m requesting input on the regular vs the + versions, not whether I should buy the P4P v2.
I understand that. If you read the first statement, that was regarding the Crystal Sky. There have been numerous issues with the Crystal Sky reported around here. That is what I meant about the research. The remaining comments were only opinions.

Reactions: RPP
I just saw earlier threads addressing this. Admins may delete this thread. Thanks.

I just saw earlier threads addressing this. Admins may delete this thread.
Not really necessary, but I understand where you are coming from. Opinions will vary. Peace........

Not really necessary, but I understand where you are coming from. Opinions will vary. Peace........

I’m afraid you have it wrong. I appreciated your responses and my request has nothing to do with them. I should have looked up the forum before starting this thread.

One thing to consider in the + version: if the screen malfunctions, you have to send it back for repair or replacement.

For me the negatives for the plus were I could not load apps. I use Litchi 7 Hangar 360 all the time when I fly so not being able to load those made the plus not an option.

For me aeromirage is spot on.
The big BIG benefit is screen clarity in all weather. Having used both I was amazed with the + and would hate to go back

Thank you, all, for the inputs. I have decided to go with the base unit (without the screen). My usage does not involve Litchi or external apps. Reliability is a consideration, however. The additional step of connecting an iPad mini involves perhaps an additional 15 seconds of effort which I am willing to trade in exchange for the flexibility of changing displays (for instance, I can use my iPhone, too).

You'll find out you're gonna miss that bright screen in daylight with those iThings. Not that I'm just dissing iThings. I have a Samsung tablet that I was using before that the screen is actually rated higher than most Apple stuff and I don't miss it at all, The 5.5 display on the +controller is great, and now that Litchi and some other 3rd party apps can be installed is just a winner all round

Reactions: RPP
Hey rexster.
I didn't know you could install Litchi on the plus!
How would I do this?

litchi from amazon not play store.
Or just get the APK from the net.

Hey rexster.
I didn't know you could install Litchi on the plus!
How would I do this?
If you have current udates to the controller, use the internal browser to cruise over to amazon appstore, install the app, then look for litchi in the appstore. You'll have to buy it again if you've bought it already from google play. Install it and you're good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72