Question about the gimbal mounts

Reaction score
Sooooo...i crashed my P3s the other day "performing" a litchi mission. I had the waypoint set to come up the road just a bit too close to a tree. Needless to say...not good. Anyway, my question is, there are very flimsy rubber mounts holding the gimbal in place to the plate. Now..on top of 2 of them there are round plastic pieces that hold these in place. I noticed that I only have 2. One in each corner. (My kit did come with a few extras). But do these plastic pieces have to be on all 4 corners or just two? Seems as though they can "slip out" awful easy. I don't know if I lost them in the crash. I looked around but came up empty. Thanks in advance....

1ca1a0f0b0871949f8d91d6e0c9990eb.jpg
2f06b27ad98c9b5dbc005a6837e2cafc.jpg

do these plastic pieces have to be on all 4 corners or just two?
No. You should only have two installed (diagonal from one another).

Here's some more information from the Phantom manual:

Manual.jpg

Reactions: Kev74
No. You should only have two installed (diagonal from one another).
Is there a trick to keeping these other two from slipping out? Maybe I just got so hard that they came out. I just noticed it before a flight.

You could loosely attach a zip tie through the two holes that don't have a pin installed. That likely won't prevent the damper from releasing in a crash, but it would prevent the gimbal from separating from the drone if the two pins snap off.

P3-ZipTie2.JPG

Reactions: ArJay and Kev74
Is there a trick to keeping these other two from slipping out? Maybe I just got so hard that they came out. I just noticed it before a flight.
The four dampers are enough to hold the gimbal in place unless you go for a lot of rough landings (or worse).
The 2 anti-drop pins are just insurance to make sure that the gimbal doesn't come off in a crash.

Reactions: Kev74
Awesome man...thanks for the help gentleman. That's why I like this site. Peace...

You could loosely attach a zip tie through the two holes that don't have a pin installed. That likely won't prevent the damper from releasing in a crash, but it would prevent the gimbal from separating from the drone if the two pins snap off.

View attachment 90200

Great idea! I learn so much from all of the helpful, experienced pilots on here!!
Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart