Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

PV2 - app keeps greying out

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by ubernoob, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ubernoob

My Phantom Vision App keeps going grey and freezing when I'm flying. I don't think it's a range thing as it does it when the craft is close (eg. 20m). If I land, cycle the craft's power, kill and re-start the app it comes back. Just killing the app and restarting (without power cycling the craft) doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

(Phantom Vision II, running latest firmware - it did it on the previous firmware, am using iPhone 5).

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a known issue with the version of the app you're running on the iPhone 5. You're running 1.0.37. We're waiting for Apple to approve a new version of the app that fixes this problem. Android app 1.039 had the same issue and version 1.0.40 fixed it. It shouldn't be long before your fix is released...

-slinger

3. ubernoob

Anyone have any idea when a new version of the app will be out to deal with this 'greying' out issue. It's stopping me from flying my drone (as it's bloody frustrating when you stop being able to use the video and camera). I am on app ver. 1.0.37 on the iPhone 5 latest iOS ver).

Thanks in advance!

4. GeoTech

Might try some of the solutions posted in this:

F2V doesnt relay the camera feed

5. riblit

If it's freezing try lowering the frame rate to 15 fps.

If it's not connecting when you turn it on, you are in for a long wait for the mythical update that is supposed to be with Apple