Pulled the trigger

MTH

Reaction score
Finally did it. Bought the P4P.

Amazon had it for $1335 +- and the 5300 mah battery for $135. Found a Best Buy with it in stock, only found one store in and around Phoenix that had it. Made the trek to Tempe ready to buy, but nothing is that easy. On my first attempt I tried to do a price match to one of the Amazon 3rd party sellers, it was less expensive but still a new P4P but was told they would not price match. Second attempt showed the clerk the $1335 Amazon ad and was again told they would not price match. It said Prime and they don't match prime.

Needless to say I was a bit miffed and didn't buy anything. When I got home my son looked up the ad on Amazon. The P4P was being sold and shipped by Amazon and according to Best Buy's policy should have been eligible for price match. I call the store to talk to the manager, but was told he was too busy to talk to me. If I wanted to talk to him I would have to return to the store. I was told by the csr that they would price match the P4P and battery.

So back I went. Was assured at the customer service desk that there was no problem with the price match. Got everything I was getting gathered together and piled next to one of their computers. Almost everything, that is, they had no batteries in stock. Oh and they brought out a P4 not a P4P. Now was the time to ring it all up and do the price match. After comparing model/stock numbers a couple more time, just to make sure a P4P was a P4P and a Phantom battery was a Phantom battery. The sale went through and a battery was put on hold at another store. I have to say that the young lady that I (we) dealt with this visit was very pleasant and tried very hard to make the whole thing go as smoothly as she could.

Saved almost $200 with the price match plus made the purchase with a brand new Best Buy credit card so that's 10% back on the entire purchase. Can you say "A third battery".

Took all afternoon, but I got it. It was late when I got home, but I did get the batteries and controller charged. It's been raining so I don't think I will fly tomorrow and I am sure I can come up with a reason not to fly the next day. Too pretty. Don't want to scratch it.

Congratulations! Sounds like it all paid off in the end. I just bought the P4P myself. You're going to love it! It's amazing how much technology goes into one of these things. I still can't get over the video that this thing gets.

Next on my list is a case for mine.

What are you going to use for a display?

PS. Don't forget to update your firmware on the bird, controller and batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan