Pull_Up is away on holiday

Didn't pack the mug, the Vision or the Hubsan... What was I thinking! Still, 27 degrees C today... Pool, beach, barbecue, wine, watching the Vision+ confusion and mixed messages develop from afar... ;). My DJI app just updated when I switched WiFi on so I'm with you in spirit.

Might have to do a "From the Poolside Table" video response to tomorrow's launch, though... Like the way they've put the camera electronics under the dampers leaving the gimbal to only have to carry the weight of the lens and CCD. Who wins the prize for guessing the use of the USB port on the gimbal base?

Oh no, I've said too much...

Night!

What I really want to know is what the dealers are going to do with the people who have bought PV2 within the last couple weeks
Is DJI gone offer a upgrade kit?

Well, the mounting point is different; it appears to use the new-style P2 shell with larger underside opening; there's a lot more wiring coming out of the shell into the gimbal controller than the one Vision servo wire; I can't see a place to plug the Vision camera's jack plug into. So if there is an upgrade kit to be made available then it seems unlikely it's plug and play...

Pull_Up said:
Didn't pack the mug, the Vision or the Hubsan... What was I thinking! Still, 27 degrees C today... Pool, beach, barbecue, wine, watching the Vision+ confusion and mixed messages develop from afar... ;). My DJI app just updated when I switched WiFi on so I'm with you in spirit.

Might have to do a "From the Poolside Table" video response to tomorrow's launch, though... !

Very jealous , weather is rubbish here...

Schenso said:
are u going to buy the + ? Or stick with RP and wait for a future Phantom?

Me? I'm staying put for now. 2 main reasons: 1. I can't afford that kind of money; 2. For me personally I think it's one step too far down a dead-end route in terms of upgrade path. I will add another quad to my collection at some point but it probably won't be a P2 derivative - hence my choice of the Rotorpixel gimbal. Coming 3 axis + portability to other aircraft and other cameras.

If the V+ had been a big keep forward in camera spec then I might have thought differently, but then 1 above wouldn't change so probably not given 2 still applies - there's little if anything you can do with this new camera/gimbal combined unit going forward.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94