PS3 gimbal overheat? Is there a specific part or need entire gimbal?

-I solder them to the board, then connect the ends together, then back to the board? Then disconnecting the ends would be shorting them?

-If that's the case can I twist the ends together and untwist to short, or do they need to be soldered? It looks like Sunset catchers are attached to other pins.

Last edited:
Thanks, a "jumper" makes sense but I had never heard of it and it's not mentioned in "parts needed" so I didn't know.

I'm guessing that means I connect them to the board but leave the ends unconnected until I want to short it. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

-Also I'm on a mac, sunset catcher instructions on windows, anything in particular different doing this on a mac?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Update and assistance request-

I've got all the connections on the board soldered, was following Sunset Catcher's manual but it has commands for windows PC, is there a tutorial or a link for re-flashing the Davinci Chip with a macbook?

I've searched and can't find it, don't know what to do after I plug the USB-TTL connector into the USB port on mac. It started blinking green. I have the "php.pn3" file in my mac HD, pulled up the onboard "terminal" application but don't know what to type in.

Thanks a lot, I've put a lot of time into trying to figure this out.

Use PC, like everyone else.
Or check/ask Texas Instruments support for information on flashing their chip on Mac.

I"m at a PC terminal, Sunset Catcher used a command with "COM5" port, the device manager says it is port #0002 but when I use that in the command line is says "path not found'. Not sure what else to call it.

So close yet so far.

I was at a computer repair place, there was no output the PC couldn't read the device, and they said my soldering didn't look to good anyway, which I've never done and had no good expectations from.

Thanks for the input, I thoroughly understand the "Davinci overheating" issue now, I just couldn't pull off the execution to fix it. I give up and will just go with the "buy it now" option I need to use this bird on a job yesterday.

True that, and I didn't know for sure what the issue was anyway. I'm going to keep an eye on eBay and maybe try to replace the entire top board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT