Proposed Possible easy solution to shell cracks ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i want to share my story and my possible solution regarding the shell cracks everyone having since i got my p3a in aug, m using a phone to type so excuse the typos pls.

In this thread all the mentioned causes by other members r possibly true.

In aug i got a p3a (maybe 1st revision?) as it came with the gla300 controller and old shell.

Had my 1st crash taking a low alt vid of my fish pond ( vps was not rly known to cause trouble over water) so it mildly hit the wall ( prop guards on) dropped and started swimin with fish for 10 seconds, mind u it stayed on after that as the battery wouldnt turn off n had to take it out.

Put it on the roof of my house for a whole day ( 45 celsuis summer )and powered it on but the gimbal was going crazy, send it to the shop i bought from ( they say if i contacted dji they will tell me thats a ginuine dji dealer) however i got it back with shell scratches as the tech seemed to use absolute force to open the shell. N didnt know the proper way of doing

Well i ignored the scratches as it flew amazingly.

After awhile the follow me feature came to the p3 and the go app sucked so i downloaded litchi n started it in my back yard without knowing i should orient the heading, the thing started flying hit the building cut some tree leaves destroyed a propeller and wanted to get into the fish pond if i didnt run to recsue it.

It injured my arm pretty badly as the batt freezed and didnt turn off so i had to pull it out.

Aftermath: a hit that scratched the skin, a hit that dented one motor, one proppeler cut in half and all others r scratched

Switched out with 2nd proppellers set that came with it, and it flew just fine

After that i got experienced with litchi and did some pretty long range autonmous flights ( 11.8km was my best )

Ive raced the p3a and flown it as hard i can. Never babied it or cared abt cracks.

The only thing i did different than you guys was putting a skin to the shell before i even powered it for the 1st. Made the shop i bought it from do it for me.

And thats why i think i still have no cracks after all this abuse ( 150+ flights and 16 hours on go app) ans god knows how many on litchi as i stoped using go app long time ago.

So the simple easy solution to prevent shell cracks might be is to skin ur phantom and it will even give it a good personalised look ?

Please share your inputs

So you don't have any shell cracks ... just like most other owners.
There is no solution, because for most Phantoms there is no problem.
If you were unlucky enough to get one of the few that do crack, DJI will fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl