Propellers Guards its recomended to my ph3 professional?

I've never used them. If you're planning on flying close to obstacles such as trees and bushes it might not be a bad idea.

I have never used them. I have thought that they may be useful flying in confined areas indoors however all my flights are out in the open and I don't want to increase the wind loading if the AC.

I've never used them. If you're planning on flying close to obstacles such as trees and bushes it might not be a bad idea.
On the other hand, guards have been known to catch and hang up more readily in trees and bushes! Biggest problem with guards seems to be when the pilot decides to take them off. Forgets to reinstall the original motor screws and uses the longer ones that go with the guards. Driving a screw into the winding of your motors does then no good at all

I have tried them and I took them off after a couple of flights. They catch a lot of wind and make the unit fight much harder to stay stable. Although I don't have any metrics, it has got to reduce the flight time as the motors are running much more to fight against the wind resistance.

The each his own, I don't care for them.

I have tried them and I took them off after a couple of flights. They catch a lot of wind and make the unit fight much harder to stay stable. Although I don't have any metrics, it has got to reduce the flight time as the motors are running much more to fight against the wind resistance.

The each his own, I don't care for them.

Same here, they really catch any wind that is out there. I put them on when I let my kid fly or if I'm near structures. Get a set of the quick disconnect ones if you want to try them out.

I will say that it does make it easier to keep an eye on it as it does make it easier to see at distance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wasn't a fan of the prop guards. They show up in a lot of the camera shots, and I also felt a noticeable difference with more drag too. I quickly took them off after buying a set.

Seen some videos though where a guy flies down a hallway with them on and taps both walls and nothing happens to the drone. It just keeps on flying.

I have them and think they are very useful for some situations - learning to avoid tip over accidents causing damage when landing (uneven ground) training others to fly. Protection from trees & bushes building if flying location has them in near proximity (roof inspections for example). They have their use and can be added or removed in about 20 seconds when required, too easy!

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I used OE units on my first flight and then removed them. Can imagine the snap-ons could be useful in some situations though....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan