Prop Upgrade for FC40

Original DJI Vision 2 props - Yes they do. From others it adds about 2 minutes.
Dual battery - another 3-5 minutes.

Some say to adjust gains for the vision props, some say it's fine without.

No, but I never land it, rather catch it. Most of the damage comes from landings, so I avoid it completly, and its very easy.

I bought the 9" carbon fiber blades for mine and Phantom 2 prop guards. No problems here. I didn't adjust the gains at all, didn't notice a need. I think I gained around ~1.5 minutes more flight time.

Use dji vision props on my fc40 no adjustment and more power and stability

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I use the Graupner E-Props 9x5 on stock gain settings and not much additional weight. The flight times depend much on the type of flying. On a calm flight, it adds around 1-2 minutes of flight time. On a race flight, it adds speed.

I'd say "Working as intended". The main reason to not use the stock self tightining props was, that you can not balance them.

Just so I understand; these are direct replacements, only better? I can just spin them on like the stock FC40 props?

Also, why are so many places oput of stock on these? I'm trying to find the best price w/shipping $36.95 is pretty steep for 4 plastic props isn't it?

Also keep in mind that because of the longer props many have now the tip of the props showing in their videos.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Part 3 Self-Tightening Prop Set (1 CCW, 1 CW) [DJI-PHVSTPR]

OK, so these are 9"-well that renders my FC40 prop guards useless. :(

Maybe getting Phantom 2 guards and 9" props would be a good upgrade?

The 9" vision props do make a difference. I managed to get a 14 full minutes without auto land using vision props and a mad dog 2700 battery last night. I would recommend getting genuine dii vision props unless you plan on balancing them. I tried some knock off's from Amazon and they were too unstable to use. I got 4 OEM DJI vision pops to my door for $32.00 through Red Rock which isn't too bad for the added flight time.

Whilst making an order for the gimbal lever - a £6 part - I was unwilling to pay the £4 postage on such a small item so I decided to get myself a set of props. I went for the Vision 2 props.

It means I've got to take off my prop guards but I only put them on there for the learning stage. Sure I'm not awesome with her yet but in a few more weeks when I've had a few more flights I'll rip the guards off and stick the bigger props on.

They're way more expensive than the smaller props though which is a shame.

Is there any super duper advantage to the carbon fiber props? I know they flex less so they should lift better.

I'm guessing they dont get chewed up as bad during tree trimming....

jetdust said:
The 9" vision props do make a difference. I managed to get a 14 full minutes without auto land using vision props and a mad dog 2700 battery last night. I would recommend getting genuine dii vision props unless you plan on balancing them. I tried some knock off's from Amazon and they were too unstable to use. I got 4 OEM DJI vision pops to my door for $32.00 through Red Rock which isn't too bad for the added flight time.

Can someone post a link to the authentic props worth buyin on amazon - I can only find imitation props - I have a hard time finding the real self tightening ones to upgrade

Odd.. I am looking for the props on Amazon again from Red Rock USA and they are no longer there.
DJI-PHVSTPR is the name to look for, they are available elsewhere online..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka