Prop Upgrade for FC40

I just put the v2 props on and im getting easily 5 more minutes, they do sound a little different but not bad, it does seem faster too.

Just bought some tri-blades...
Hovers well but haven't been out of the garage yet due to rain n wind.. Will advise times etc later...Mandrake

Sent from the thing that does everything.

Mandrake said:
Just bought some tri-blades...
Hovers well but haven't been out of the garage yet due to rain n wind.. Will advise times etc later...Mandrake

Sent from the thing that does everything.

Where did you pick those up at? I'm interested to know how they perform.

Test of FC Phantom 2 props (acquired on ebay) on my FC40 shows more flight time and reasonable stable hover. But a very bad behavior happned when i tried to fast desceding the phantom from a very high altitude. The woble was very intense and I lost control of quadcopter. Luckyly it was very high and after almost of 100 ft of uncontrolable falling the phantom stablized and stop falling... Searching in the internet about this very strange behaviour I found something they call VRS (Vortex Ring State). This happen when you try to descend a copter very fast. Next day I tried again and realize that you need to descend very very slow or descend in spiral to avoid this problem. This also happens with stock FC40 props but it is hardly noted...
Using original DJI plastic PV2 props anyone have noted this behavior ???

VRS (Vortex Ring State). This happen when you try to descend a copter very fast. Next day I tried again and realize that you need to descend very very slow or descend in spiral to avoid this problem. This also happens with stock FC40 props but it is hardly noted...
Using original DJI plastic PV2 props anyone have noted this behavior ???

yes as soon as I tried to use PV2 props on my FC40 I experienced my first VRS and almost lost it but was able to recover with a feet to spare before would of bit the pavement. Changing my gains helped but still had to be careful with my decent speeds.

I ended up going back to the stock props tho being the pv2 props cut my speed down big time in atti mode. tho they did seem to make my speedin gps go up a tiny bit so I decided I did not like the pv2 props all that much other then my accent speeds which they were great at and would shoot up like a rocket. But i also didnt notice much change on my flight time either.

Hmm.. a few different reports on the pv2 props.. many say they increase flight time and speed... but if they cause VRS then that has me majorly concerned.

Vision props are intended for a quad on the heavy side. I'd consider prop design similar to a gear ratio. A lightweight P1 probably won't benefit, may actually lose flight time, but a P1 with bunch of extras, particularly an extra battery will probably benefit.

Ohary said:
Vision props are intended for a quad on the heavy side. I'd consider prop design similar to a gear ratio. A lightweight P1 probably won't benefit, may actually lose flight time, but a P1 with bunch of extras, particularly an extra battery will probably benefit.

I see exactly what you're saying, this explains why people are getting varying results. Thanks for the knowledge on the matter. Since I'm stock I may be best to just stick with the fc40 props.

I tried the T-MOTOR carbon props. with stock gains, the v2 props , I like the way it fly's with the stock FC40 props, with 2700 MAH pulse bat, only getting 7 mins. I fly over water only and my FC went into VRS coming down very fast from 150 ft, tried giving full pitch, still falling, 10 ft from the water I gave it forward stick , it came out. so I went to the school field to try this again, giving full forward stick will get you out of that hole. and the T MOTOR BLADES were the easiest to get in VRS. going to put T motors on soon , see if its any better with the T props, but with stock motors and stock gains the T PROPS isn't doing it for me. also tried 2 2700 batts. don't like the feel of it, has to feel good when your flying over the Bermuda reefs. :lol:

I bought mine from yerkystore on e-bay Item# 131197629060 They were $18.58 for 4 props and shipping was free. Took 2 days to receive them. They are a large improvement from the 8" props. They are still listed on ebay just use the item # in search
They gave me 2 mins. more flying time also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4