Prop Guards

Reaction score
As a newbie, should I consider installing a set of prop guards or would it be a waste of money?

An alternative would be to fly in an area that is free of all obstacles.

I will be in an open area without trees at first but Murphy seems to leap out of thin air. Soooo, perhaps after gaining some flight time etc., I should not have them on ref: trees?

They are more of a visual aid to not stick fingers in !

Many multi-rotors have them as standard so it really is up to you.

I have ordered a set for my P3S - whether I fit or not I have not decided.

For what its worth I have a lot of trees around my grounds and will make no difference to my decision.

Nigel

LOL. My Syma got caught in my neighbor's tree. He actually started cutting the tree to get it down. I was like..... you don't have to ruin your tree. It's only a $50 drone. The shaking of the saw got it down though and the tree only got cut a little.

Reactions: RodPad
If you are looking for good prop guards check out bestemaerial.com . We have quick release guards so that you do not have to remove the adapter when traveling and quick install before take off. They are also on sell right now. If you have any questions please let us know.

Link to Phantom Products on our page

DJI Phantom

Fly Safe

I will be in an open area without trees at first but Murphy seems to leap out of thin air. Soooo, perhaps after gaining some flight time etc., I should not have them on ref: trees?

I use them, Trees don't move out the way, they usually win in a fight.
Prop guards can save fingers and other forms of bloody pain.

I you add the string, I like clear fish-line, it looks more dangerous. It could keep from cutting a small persons neck or finger completely off. This week I'm in the (What if mood) :eek:

You can actually bounce off a car, a building and recover from it. You break a prop? :eek:

The screws that come with the guards are longer, if remove the guards don't use the longer screws.

Here is a search, just on prop guards. :rolleyes:
http://www.phantompilots.com/search/21002651/?q=prop+gaurd&t=post&o=relevance

Here is photo, four props, and I had one damaged guard.
Standard - Must-Have Accessories

How this was done?
Standard - Must-Have Accessories

With out guards, I know it would have been worse. ;)

My name is Rod, I approve this message. :)

Rod

LOL. My Syma got caught in my neighbor's tree. He actually started cutting the tree to get it down. I was like..... you don't have to ruin your tree. It's only a $50 drone. The shaking of the saw got it down though and the tree only got cut a little.
Yeah, I got a missing P2V+ out in the woods, I believe it is in old growth area of Doug Fir, these are about 150 - 200' tall. This was not cost effective day, 40+ man hours looking for it 5 of us total.
Would I have found it with out prop guards? I guess I don't know. :rolleyes:

Rod ;)

As a newbie, should I consider installing a set of prop guards or would it be a waste of money?
Yes. Literally in the first ten minutes of flight as I'm trying to figure out the controls I ran it into: a fence, a lamp, the ground (trying to CSC on landing-NOT recommended, use L-stick down instead), and my toe. Without the prop guards my props would have been wrecked and possibly the drone too. I'm glad I got them even though it doesn't make your drone look as "cool".

Reactions: Fred72933
I use them , because I try to film wild game & they don't hang out or stay in open area's much . The woods are where they live & photo's from 150' up , to stay above the trees are not capturing much good footage .
I use cut down Carbon Arrow Shafts to connect the Guards instead of the String , not glued in ,Shafts are just cut to make them fit slightly snug & easily removed or replaced .
I have bounced off Cement Power Poles , ran through pine tree's & no damage to Props or Drone , some discolor from pine needles , which just wiped off . Went through like a lawn mower , needles flying around in front of camera view.
DSCN2755.JPG

Hello, why was my post deleted?
Did you say something rude or demeaning maybe. This site and also the DJI forum have been cracking down on this behavior lately, about time in my view.

No, I'm not a rude person, I come here for help and offer it where I can. I posted a short comment on how prop guards have already saved my drone and a link to Amazon to the prop guards I bought.

I've been told that I can't do that.

Prop guards = tree hooks.
Think that's more of a wives-tail. I've seen many pics of drones stuck in the tree tops, any none of them had guards.

No, I'm not a rude person, I come here for help and offer it where I can. I posted a short comment on how prop guards have already saved my drone and a link to Amazon to the prop guards I bought.

I've been told that I can't do that.
Are you sure ? I post links all the time, and most are on Amazon. Unless it's your own site, meaning you were the vendor.

Are you sure ? I post links all the time, and most are on Amazon. Unless it's your own site, meaning you were the vendor.

The Amazon link contained my affiliate tag (which is automatically generated whenever I post an Amazon link anywhere and that, apparently, is not allowed (even though it links to exactly the same Amazon page.

Anyway, I do not want to break any rules, so I;ve been told and it will not happen again and I'd rather be welcome here than annoy someone or break any rules.

:)

No there not a waste of money. Had them when I first got my Phantom and used them for the first 6 months. Have them stored in my case now, just in case I might need them one day. Help a few times when she tipped over with the blades still spinning.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94