Prop Guards that don't disable P4P Obstacle Sensing system

What does 'Does not affect the Phantom 4 Obstacle Sensing system will be disabled when the Phantom 4 - Propeller Guard is installed' mean?

In any event, you can't really use the object avoidance system in tight spaces when flying indoors (the only time you really need prop guards) since it interferes too much with aircraft movement. And most don't use prop guards outdoors because they slightly impede aerodynamic efficiency. So when indoors why does it really matter if object avoidance is disabled when you'd probably have to turn it off anyway?

Reactions: John Locke
What does 'Does not affect the Phantom 4 Obstacle Sensing system will be disabled when the Phantom 4 - Propeller Guard is installed' mean?

In any event, you can't really use the object avoidance system in tight spaces when flying indoors (the only time you really need prop guards) since it interferes too much with aircraft movement. And most don't use prop guards outdoors because they slightly impede aerodynamic efficiency. So when indoors why does it really matter if object avoidance is disabled when you'd probably have to turn it off anyway?

I am a fairly new flier

would like prop guards in some situations.

anyone have any info?

:)

Looking for Prop Guards that don't disable P4P Obstacle Sensing system

Supposedly these work well for the P4, but what about the P4 Pro?

Amazon.com: Hobby-Ace DJI Phantom 4 Propeller Guards Prop Guard Protector Shield: Electronics

and

any other prop guards that are good?

thanks
I get where you are coming from john_LA. I'm a total newby, don't have any fancy expensive birds Yet!;)................at the moment I am looking at the P4P+ but having never flown one would, in my initial flights (as i have just laid out £2000 + ) to be as fail safe as possible
so its a +1 from me re your question

Reactions: John_LA
I get where you are coming from john_LA. I'm a total newby, don't have any fancy expensive birds Yet!;)................at the moment I am looking at the P4P+ but having never flown one would, in my initial flights (as i have just laid out £2000 + ) to be as fail safe as possible
so its a +1 from me re your question

I figure in certain situations $20 prop guards are better than spending $18 on new props, repeatedly.

;-)

i think reading this forum for a long time, is worth much more than propguards at whatever price. the initial question did not testify of any knowledge of the ac.......

i think reading this forum for a long time, is worth much more than propguards at whatever price. the initial question did not testify of any knowledge of the ac.......

Yes I read the forum.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "ac......"

but more on topic - can anyone else recommend some good prop guards?

Yes I read the forum.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "ac......"

but more on topic - can anyone else recommend some good prop guards?
AC?? short for AirCraft you could have known if you read the forum...

AC?? short for AirCraft you could have known if you read the forum...

Come on Lucaxel... no need to be insulting. Just because I didn't know the acronym AC doesnt mean I dont read this forum.

Who peed in your cornflakes?

;-)

Peace.

John

Let's say you want to fly indoors... well the use prop guards... however prop guards will not save you from everything and certainly will hinder you from taking a good shot. Nevertheless they are good for training. And training only. If you wish to be aerodynamic and such then don't use them. I have some myself .... don't use them... practice with a cheaper drone if you are worried about breaking it! They all fail.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The old P4 prop guards can be seen here. I'm not sure if the new prop guards will also fit the P4. I guess we'll have to wait until they start shipping.

The old P4 prop guards can be seen here. I'm not sure if the new prop guards will also fit the P4. I guess we'll have to wait until they start shipping.
I don't think the two could be compatible because there are some key slots molded into the mating surface between the guards and drone (two on the P4P and three on the P4.) The way they are oriented I don't see how you could have one guard that fits both.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl