Prop guards on P4?

Reaction score
Waiting for delivery of new P4 was wondering to buy prop guards? Read somewhere they will void the warrenty? Whats your experiances with them?

Thanks

I don't have any experience with them but unless you are going to be flying very close to some thing I don't see the point of having them really. The p4 is an incredibly stable aircraft.

Read somewhere they will void the warrenty?
Using props guards will not void your warranty unless you use 3rd party prop guards and they cause some kind of damage to your Phantom. I've never heard of that happening, so you should be fine if you use DJI's prop guards or any of the commonly used 3rd party brands.

I know you will be using prop guards for few times only as the main fun is to fly without them. But I'm sure you have a reason to buy them. Go ahead, you will have more confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was wondering because I read the prop guards disable to collision avoidance sensors.... If i then hit a tree with it im not so sure I would be covered with the dji care warrenty

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought some for my Christmas P3A -I wasn't sure how stable it was going to be , so I thought I would err on the side of caution in case of tip over. What a waste of money the a/c is so ridiculously stable and as long as you remain aware of your surroundings I can't see the point . Plus it looks so much better and flys better without them[emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Prop guards are like training wheels. I think they have their place for a beginner.. Just wait till a Gusta wind catches it and moves it directly to the side when you're landing. It happened to me. There are many sets that they advertise, that do not conflict with the OA.

Prop guards are not necessarily for beginners and do have some good uses. However for general outdoor flying, I really see no need for them on a P4. They do turn off O. A. when installed.

Prop guards are not necessarily for beginners and do have some good uses. However for general outdoor flying, I really see no need for them on a P4. They do turn off O. A. when installed.
Many guards do not interfere with OA. See the comments for many types on amazon.

I rarely use my guards unless inside large spaces like a gym or when close to friends and family videoing a gathering in my yard. I was glad I had them on when teaching my wife to take off and land when she tipped the P4 over.

Reactions: Magicmanp4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72