Prop Balancing

Thanks! But I would like to know wich side of the back or trailing edge to brush: up, down or both?

Ahhh... I see. Let me clarify. When I remove material, I remove it from the top and bottom of the rotor, thus preserving the leading and trailing edges. The reason for this is because the edges are part of the aerodynamic equation. And while I concede that the top and the bottom of the rotor also play a part in aerodynamics, I think it's the lesser of two evils to modify the flatter sides of the rotor.

Well, maybe funny stupid question - which side is the back side?! I mean is it the up or down, side as drones are slightly different then airplaines.
Side facing down....

Thanks! But I would like to know wich side of the back or trailing edge to brush: up, down or both?
Always remove or add weight from the backside of the props. Stay away from the leading edge or the trailing edge.

Does anyone have any experience with the low noise propellers ? Do they work ? Is there a performance reduction ?

I use a Dubro and I will use a prop if it only needs a little modification. If it needs much modification it’s culled!

Attachments

• ABEDD1A7-0181-4892-B4EE-08FEBDD4F399.png
    ABEDD1A7-0181-4892-B4EE-08FEBDD4F399.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 214

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures