Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Program battery discharge warning?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Rastus, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rastus

I have been reading about LiPo batteries.
    After a flight my batteries usually show around 13%. I've read it's not good to go below 20%.
    How do I change the settings on my Phantom 1 so that the light starts blinking red when there's 23% left on the battery? I use the Naza M Asistant software but didn't see what to change.
    Thanks

2. JKDSensei

When my P1 v1.1.1 is connected to the assistant I can change the numbers. The offset and the last voltage number. But where are you seeing the percentages?

3. Rastus

Thanks.
    I use a little meter that plugs into the battery balance cable. It usually states aound 13%.

I suppose I'm asking what numbers do I put in the Naza M that will correlate to 23%? There may be other variables involved. I'm still trying to wrap my head around LiPo battery science.
    Thanks again...

4. Monte55

I also use those cell check meters. After flight, mine also show around 11-14 % and cell voltage of around 3.7 v per cell. I wouldn't put in a lot of faith into the percentage part as I'm sure they do not load the battery during check. I would be more concerned about the voltage. You can raise your voltage limits in assistant to get what you are after but not sure why you would want to. I have 3 P1s and use factory settings and have had no problem. You will end up having shorter flights.