Professional Drone Pilots, what drone do you fly and why?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have my 107 license, I'm saving for a drone. What drone do you use and why? Advantage over others?

Thanks,
Don

I use a Phantom 4 and also have a phantom 3 4k. I use the phantom 4 for ortho mapping and cardinal direction shots but use my phantom 3 4k for close-up roof inspection shots in case I were to bump a tree or power line. So far I have not.

Thanks for the input! I've been thinking about a P3P 4K to get started, and let it pay for the P4P. That would also give me a back up drone for emergencies.

What are you looking to do with your new UAS?

We use Phantom3Pros, Phantom3Standard, and Inspire~1 v2. The standard is our back up, the Pros are our quick and easy work horses and the Inspire is for when we need more cinematic shots and also our work horse for Search & Rescue missions.

I'm currently waiting for the new Mavic Pro Platinum to start shipping and will use them as the day in day out work horse.

I'm hoping to get started shooting realestae photos and videos. I would also like to do tower and bridge inspections, roofs too. Maybe 3D mapping and land surveys for drainage, construction time lapse photos and anything else I can think of to earn some money flying a drone. I live in a very rural area of Missouri. Lots of farming and I would be interested in using a drone for crop inspections.

If you have a professional ambitions the Phantom is definitely better choice than Mavic.

If you have a professional ambitions the Phantom is definitely better choice than Mavic.
Thanks for the input, just curious as to why. I'm looking at the Phantom, not the Mavic. I can get the P3S new for $450. I want the 4K camera and Glonass GPS of the P3P. Problem is I want to get started and I'm still a few months away from saving up the money to buy one.

Thanks for the input, just curious as to why. I'm looking at the Phantom, not the Mavic. I can get the P3S new for $450. I want the 4K camera and Glonass GPS of the P3P. Problem is I want to get started and I'm still a few months away from saving up the money to buy one.
What I fly is the P4 pro and the reason is for the camera which is a huge upgrade in photographic ability beyond what was available with previous models.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3